Why do I feel like I'm dying/going to die?

Posted , 22 users are following.

Hello, again.

I've posted on here a few times already.

But, this is a question no one has answered me.

Why is it, that without having anxiety, I still feel like I'm going to die? It's a feeling I feel every day for most of the say and it scares me, a lot.

And also, why does depersonilization occur? And how do you deal with it?

Better yet, how do you deal with both? I have a very very bad feeling I'm going to die and I'm afraid I'm going to fall and die soon.

Good tips/advice?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

i just read this because i googled it because i also had this feeling today and a little while ago. i'm 14 and have no reason i'd die but felt like i'd die in my sleep tonight and reading all of these replies actually helped me so much!!! ??

• Posted

Hey. So this is probably too late but it won't hurt to try. I too am experiencing the same exact thing. I also feel such thing. And it happens everyday, almost every time and the feeling just comes out of nowhere. I also don't have anxiety when such occurs. And it also scares me a lot.

It happens to often that it affects my life.

I also experience depersonalization although I have no knowledge as to why it occurs.

I have no amswer however to both of our situation. I also need someone to help me with what I'm feeling. However I'm hoping that with this, you may feel like you are not the only one who feels that way.

• Posted

Hi Marierie...I too suffer from anxiety over the last 3 montbs i have convinced myself i have all types of cancer and im afraid of dying leaving my kids behind...i wake up thanking god i didnt die in my sleep. Once im up and moving im constantly checking for things on my body and when simething hurts i assume the worse. I got so upset when the doc prescribed me anti depressants because i know something is wrong with me. I hope we both get the help we need and deserve
    • Posted

How are you feeling hun. I'm feeling the same let's help each other xx

• Posted

Hey Julia, I'd love to have a conversation with you, ask each other how things have been, that is if you wouldn't mind the age.

• Posted

Hi I suffer from health anxiety my chest feels strange 7 days a week I read it is adrenalin plus I get all the symtoms you can get from anxiety at the moment I am unable to leave the house because my anxiety is so bad I am seeing a councillor Friday I have a fear dying and death something's a feeling will come over me like I am going to dye I lost my job over it but I feel I am not living just getting from day to day

• Posted

hi carol was just wondering how u are feelinh as am going thought somethibg same a constant think am going to die any min off day it freaks me out also get scared to sleep with it as is feels so real
    • Posted

Hi Maggie I seen my councillor yesterday my councillor thinks I am looking better than last week I still think worrying thoughs but not so much I also don't like being alone and find it hard to leave the houseI used to like mountain biking I also have done some mountain bike races now I am afraid I will have a heart attack or something will happen to me I also have feelings in my chest I was told it is adrenalin l am on diazapine and matazapine my councillor have told me I need to go for a walk everyday to get me out of the house

• Posted

Hey Carol, I was just wondering if how long have you been feeling like this? I am curious because I also feel the same way.
    • Posted

Hi I have been feeling like this for about 4 months very bad worrying thoughts I feel I have lost interest in live and I have been getting very bad depression in the mornings with crying
    • Posted

Thanks for the response Carol. I hope now, you're doing okay and life has been at least a bit alright.

• Posted

Hi carol I have the same feeling just like you as if something is bothering me I'm not alright I constantly fear that I'll get heart attack or sudden death anytime my heart flutters tho I had my ECG 2 yrs back and also went to heart doctor he said everything is normal still my mind isn't constant for me doing small things is also tough these days tho I'm physically fit with God's grace. I don't know I was very jolly and bubbly girl but now I feel it's a dream for me. Hope I'll get better because there's always hope.. Reading this I really got Happy coz this showed I'm not alone and I'm not mad there are tonnes out there like me.

• Posted

I'm here the same problem. It's been about a year but the past 5 days it's been so bad. I just came to docs to give me medicine or something

• Posted

Hey all I'm feeling like dying every time its chocking I feel like I'm gonna die strange feeling in my legs foot like on my foot or hand skin something is moving strange feeling. Please help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.