Why does my vagina look like this? (Picture)

Posted , 7 users are following.

This may not be the right forum to post this under, but I have my first pap tomorrow, and I am experiencing some anxiety about my vagina. Why does my skin look like this? Is this normal? For the record, I have been experiencing an intense itch on either side of my clitoris for roughly 2 months. The itching sets in at night when I lay down to go to sleep. This isn't the part of my vagina that itches, but its appearance has me feeling nervous. 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

If you're talking about the white dots that look like pimples that are under the skin. Those are fordyce spots, 100% normal. I got them too and a lot of people do!

• Posted

Thank you for your response! I have read a lot about Fordyce spots, but I couldn’t really find any pictures. That makes me feel better!
  • Posted

Maybe lichen sclerosus???  It doesn't look that unusual to me though, so did it used to look much different?  Please let us know what the gyno says, and I hope it's nothing serious, and you can get the itching fixed.

• Posted

I've only just seen the other replies.  I thought about Fordyce spots too, but that wouldn't explain the itching.  If it's always looked like that down there, then it's probably Fordyce spots, but if the appearance has changed, that would make lichen sclerosus more likely.

• Posted

To be honest, I don’t really know if it’s always looked like that. I’ve been leaning toward lichen sclerosis, but the part that’s pictured actually doesn’t itch at all. The itching is right at the top of the fold between my labia majora and minora (if that makes sense...). I know that it’s looked like this for at least 3 months. The itching is almost unbearable at times, and I wake myself up at night scratching. I’m trying not to worry too much, but I’m a worrier.
    • Posted

Thank you so much much for being so helpful! My appointment is in the morning, so I will update this post after that. I’m nervous but ready.
  • Posted

What did it end up being?
    • Posted

My gyno said that they are indeed Fordyce spots! She also didn’t seem to think that I have LS, and she thinks my itching probably started as a simple skin irritation that hasn’t healed due to my scratching. She said that since I have a history of sensitive skin that the cycle that the initial scratching has prolonged the healing process. She prescribed me a topical steroid to use every night for two weeks to keep me from scratching. I’m very relieved!
  • Posted

You have a very attractive vagina, very pink and moist. I wouldn't worry

• Posted

so its normal? cuz i get them to and it kinda scared me but if its normal how do i get ride of them?

• Posted

did you ever figure out what was causing the itching because i am experiencing the same thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.