Why is it so hard to get on citalopram? ?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm day 21 of getting back on to citalopram 20mg, I suffer mainly from health anxiety and worry about becoming ill or dying, I also have mild depression, I'm really suffering bad with side effects, this is my second time on this tablet and I'm never coming off again x

1 like, 579 replies

579 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm feeling pretty crap myself this morning, had a few days were I wasn't too bad but feel really down and miserable this morning, had an awful nights sleep (baby teething) so that probably has added to it

Need reassurance this morning please x

• Posted

Hi sparkly, use today as a rest day, keep your mind occupied, being tired doesn't help, iI find that sometimes a good cry clears my mind, I'll be on here all day if you need to chat xx
    • Posted

Thanks lizz I just want to go home, my parents are away for 4 days and my sisters r working so is my husband and I hate being on my own so today is not a good day xx
    • Posted

I hate being on my own too, I'm struggling to go out at the moment too, my mum's been staying for 3 weeks but is going home Friday, I've got my hubby, but he's our every morning as he's a carer for his disabled dad, I just want to get back to my normal self, I'm still looking at this packet of diazepam xx
    • Posted

take it!!!! It can't hurt you xxx I am pleased in a warped way that we all feel the same, it's obviously a 'thing' and hopefully it'll go away soon. But mornings are truly awful 😞
  • Posted

I know why you mean Marf you wouldn't wish it on anyone but there is also a comfort knowing I'm not the only one feeling like this.

I took my 2mg of diazepam this morning but it hasn't really helped today I'm just tired and feel like crying but for some reason I can't

I just want to go and crawl into bed but that's not happen with 2 kids

• Posted

I'm sure I wouldn't have stuck with it if there was no one to compare notes with xxx I'm just hoping that we can all feel a bit better soon xx
    • Posted

It's nice to know we are not alone, I'm using only this thread now as reassurance, and keep reading what Carl said above, I didn't take that diazepam, I just sat watching rubbish tv and fell asleep, feeling crappy again now I've woken up and really sick, I wish I could eat something, can I ask whereabouts you guys live? I'm in Sunderland UK, don't feel you have to answer xx
    • Posted

Do you worry about taking one 500mg paracetamol ?

No you don't and most people take two tablets = 1000mg.

2.5mg of diazepam is nothing !

Take the full 5mg tablet and you'll be surprised it doesn't zonk you out it really helps you feel better. Max dose a day is 30mg look on the packet.

I understand your concern about them and I was the same too - but I took the plunge and took them only when I needed them on those bad days - I don't know what the hell I was worrying about afterwards !

• Posted

Carl I've just took it, I know I worry too much but after the doctors words yesterday saying I'm dependent on them he's scared me, I took them last time and managed, so bugger it, it's done, please keep reassuring us Carl lol, your further on than the rest of us and you are definitely giving me hope xxx
    • Posted

I moved to Sunderland last year, I'm actually from Milton Keynes, I'm 38 married with 4 children, I've suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for 18 years since I had my first child, he was born 15 weeks early only weighing 1lb that's where my story started x
    • Posted

1lb!! Oh my goodness that's weeny bless him xxx I'm 49 have 3 kids and have been anxious most of my life, I think heading towards menopause is making it worse, I've always stayed away from drugs before but now the breakdown episodes are happening more and more often I need to try and fix it, drugs and CBT so hopefully heading in the right direction xxx
    • Posted

My next son had open heart surgery at 6, and my youngest has Tourette and anxiety, everything revolves around health in my life, I lost my dad having heart surgery and both my brother and sister had heart attacks and triple heart bypasses before 40, I feel like I'm waiting for mine to happen, my mum reckons it won't happen to me as I have her genes, as she suffered anxiety and panic attacks for 20 years until she finished the menopause, Omg sorry if that's really depressing x
    • Posted

Well it doesn't sound any fun!! Can you get your heart checked out to put your mind at rest? xx 
    • Posted

Having a massive meltdown and can't stop crying, I knew my day would be like this, I knew I should have taken that diazepam first thing to set me up for the day, why did I lounge around doing nothing, well stuff it I've taken a second diazepam !!!
    • Posted

Yeh the first 4 to 5 weeks I broke down & cried my eyes out about 3 times.

Was actually good to releive the emotion that had been trapped inside me for so long. I felt alot better afterwards.

Well done on having the courage with the diazapem as well.

• Posted

Give it up as a bad day xxx take one when you first get up tomorrow before you have a chance to panic, hopefully you won't need to do it for long but use it as a crutch xxx big hug 😘
    • Posted

A good cry seems to have cleared some stress xx along with another diazepam xxx
    • Posted

Thanks marf, just another day in the life of a citalopram taker, I'm so glad we're here for each other xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.