Why is it so hard to get on citalopram? ?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm day 21 of getting back on to citalopram 20mg, I suffer mainly from health anxiety and worry about becoming ill or dying, I also have mild depression, I'm really suffering bad with side effects, this is my second time on this tablet and I'm never coming off again x

1 like, 579 replies

579 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I've just had a meltdown too and I had taken my diazepam just feel like such a crap person when I'm normally so socialable and have loads of friends I'm questioning why anyone would want to be friends with me when all I do is cry and I feel I'm letting kids down too and I said to my husband he must get fed up coming home to me can't remember the last time I laughed, having a crappy night
    • Posted

This us all so rubbish, I wonder whoever discovered that you might feel we'll eventually??!! xx big hug xx I feel the same if that's any consolation xx
    • Posted

I'm so glad we're all here for each other, a good cry has just helped me, I'm hoping that you are all ok, diazepam has kicked in and I'm calm, I think I've done this to myself, I didn't even get dressed today, I too feel guilty about my kids seeing me like this, my 16 year old just came in while I was crying and said mum come on now, I've seen you worse than this and you will get there, last week you couldn't get out of bed, now look at you, he made me cry again, but then think he's right maybe I can't see a difference but he obviously has x
    • Posted

Bless his heart how kind xxx I've explained to my kids what's going on and they seem to accept it, but I feel massively guilty that I can't be there for them at the moment xx
    • Posted

Drop the guilt, I know it's hard but it will hinder your recovery, they want there mum back to how she was , kids are very adaptable, I went through this 5 years ago, and it hasn't affected any of them x sending you lots of hugs tonight xx
  • Posted

I hope everyone has a good nights sleep, today was a crappy day, let's hope tomorrow is better but at least we all have each other for comfort xx

• Posted

I think seeing as we've all had a crap day today it'd only be fair to have a nice day tomorrow xx 😘😘😘
    • Posted

Good morning to all, diazepam taken, feeling quite relaxed so far, still full of cold, but today is a new day, let's hope its a good day for us all, sending you all lots of love this morning xxxx
    • Posted

Didn't fanny about and took diazepam first thing, went to docs for follow up and he said its fine to do that. Feeling a bit jittery now but trying to ignore it! Hope your day is good today xxxxxxxx
  • Posted

I'm the same diazepam taken and I have managed to do the school run on my own for the 1st time in 3 weeks and didn't cry so at least I have managed something today, how's everyone feeling
    • Posted

fantastic, well done xxx I took diazepam too and went to the docs by myself! He said its fine to take it to get through this bit, it's sunny here so hopefully we will all have a better day xxx 
    • Posted

Took my diazepam, had a cigarette calmed myself down, got dressed had a wash, polished the sitting room and hoovered, felt really positive, now a bit shaky again, every time I try and do anything I'm exhausted x
    • Posted

Don't overdo it or you'll set yourself back xx take it easy xx I did that the other day then suffered for it after 😬 do little bits then stop when you feel worn out xxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.