Why is it so hard to get on citalopram? ?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm day 21 of getting back on to citalopram 20mg, I suffer mainly from health anxiety and worry about becoming ill or dying, I also have mild depression, I'm really suffering bad with side effects, this is my second time on this tablet and I'm never coming off again x

1 like, 579 replies

579 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm on 2mg a day but sometimes I take 2 as well just depends, so it's day 22 and of course I feel better than 3 weeks ago but i really want to be happy at the minute I feel I am just going through the motions, does anyone else feel like that?? When I say I feel better it comes and goes one minute I think right I can kick this and other times I think I'm never ever going to be happy again

I find it hard to get motivated about too much.

• Posted

Sparkly, I'm exactly the same, I feel better as the days go on 23 days today on 20mg, but I too feel lost, like I'm just about hanging on, I feel empty like I'm just going through the motions of life, but I'm a very impatient person, I have zero motivation for anything, I too just want to have a normal happy life, I did before I came of these tablets, I'm finding myself looking on.here all day for reassurance, I'm so glad we're all have each other xxx
    • Posted

That could be me writing your reply that is exactly the same as me I am normally such a sociable bubbly person but since this last anxiety attack came (15 weeks after I had my son) I have felt exactly the same as you it's easier just to stay in my house I don't feel I'm coping very well having 2 children my husband says I'm brilliant but I feel crap
    • Posted

I have been on these before successfully, that's what I'm holding on for, side effects are worse this time, it's so helpful having you guys here, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel it just takes time, let's just be here for each other and take one day at a time, a massive positive is that I lived a great normal life before I stopped them, and I'm sure your a great mum xx
    • Posted

I keep meaning to ask, what time does everyone take there tablet? ? X
    • Posted

I take mine every night at 8pm xx when do u take it
    • Posted

I have been on them too and they were very successful but I had to come off them to have my children but I don't remember the side effects being this bad before I'm sure they were but I must have blocked them out x
    • Posted

i feel exactly the same as you xxx
    • Posted

i take mine around 8pm as well, I tried the morning but i found it better to try and sleep through the first bit of side effects xxx
  • Posted

can either of you remember how long it took to feel better last time? I've not taken them before xxx
    • Posted

I think it was about 6 weeks, I can't remember exactly, it was quite a long time ago x
    • Posted

It is so long but we've done half of it already xx just clinging to the Hope I'll be ok soon! xx
    • Posted

Did it take you 6 weeks for your side effects to go away too? I'm on day 23 and still having nausea in the mornings and not sleeping much. No energy and not eating until afternoons.

• Posted

It's still early days but you've done the hard bit, the sicky feeling should wear off very soon, it does take flipping ages and you will feel very up and down but stick with it and you'll come good, I've done about 15 weeks now and never thought I'd manage it but im doing good most of the time now xx keep posting this site is invaluable xxx
    • Posted

Hi Marf...you are sounding get better again 😊 I'm having a bit of a blip this week...but bad days are less intense and I'm over all still feeling happy and positive.

Did you go back to Docs and up your dose?? I have follow up with GP today...but have no intention of upping...I wanna stay on 10...and need have no plans to come off in the near future 😂😂

X x z

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.