Will everyone update how they are doing and how long you had symptoms

Posted , 17 users are following.

Mine started January and still struggling. Mostly neck pain due to swollen lymph nodes and a general feeling of something just not right

0 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi everyone. How does everyone stay positive during the recovery? Im currently 9/10 months in and after a bag cold have started to suffer from bad fatigue and breathless feelings again, which haven’t occurred for awhile. Im feeling rather unsettled and abit depressed about it, so looking for inspiration and ideas to help lift my mood. Thanks and heres to healing 
    • Posted

It is a struggle and disheartening to say the least. I still wandering what is really wrong with me... I get frustrated not feeling well so often. Seems like earache , sore throat, lymph node pain ........ it’s aleays something. I try to put negative thoughts out of my mind and just be thankful of what I have been blessed with.  Pray, rest and believe you will be better next month. 
    • Posted

Hi Sweebee,

The same thing happened to me, I had a relapse at nine months and it lasted about six weeks and then I started my real recovery at 11 months, viruses will set you back in the first year or so, this is very normal.

My daughter would do guided meditation, I would go online, read, watch movies, listen to music anything to help pass the time and distract myself.

• Posted

Hi Sweebee / all,

Similar to mono I had a relapse at around 9 months which involved my joints and muscles becoming so painful, with even some bruising and things. I remember feeling so discouraged then because I had come so far for so long and was so weary and was still struggling and not improving. It's so hard to stay positive through that Sweebee, I do understand, but sometimes a relapse at this stage can be a last push of the virus because after 10 months a breakthrough started to happen and full recovery began to take place. It did take some time still but I got there thanks to God. And I believe you will too, it's so hard it really is.

Definitely good advice from CJ, pray, rest and believe! But I know for one it's not easy to hold onto your hope and belief when things don't seem to be changing - it is very hard, but just hang on to the fact that God knows everything and hears your cries and prayers and will answer them, sometimes things don't come right away and it's not easy to understand it really isn't - but I still trust and believe that God is going to heal you completely. 

I believe that for you Young Boy, Sweebee, CJ and Mono - thinking of you all today and hang in there just get through each day and don't look too far ahead for now.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig. Sorry to ask a silly question, but do you remember when you were sick did you happen to have one or both tonsils swollen for the majority of your illness? One of mine has been up for more or less the entire 9/10 months, so thought it was weird and wanted to ask for so long. 
    • Posted

Hey Sweebee,

Nothing is a silly question at all regarding this virus believe me! It's hard for me to remember exactly as it was a long time ago now but I do remember having problems with my throat during the virus, and definitely I think this can be normal with the swollen tonsils, absolutely it is a symptom I've heard can be associated and it must be so frustrating - really hoping and praying that this gets better for you, it sounds awful to have to deal with. 

Things that I've tried and have helped me at times when had problems with my mouth / throat / gums include taking the herb oregano, taking a half a tea spoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drinking each day (I think the baking soda is very alkaline or something which works against the acidity of viruses - I think may have got it the wrong way around!) and gargling salt water and taking mouth wash. 

Really hoping things settle soon Sweebee and still believing you're going to get through this and get better - hang in there and thinking of you.

Craig

• Posted

How is everyone doing today? Hoping that your symptoms are getting better. Personally Ive hit the 10/11 month mark and currently having nausea and fatigue again sad. Hope you are all doing better. 
    • Posted

Hi Sweebee,

sorry to hear you are still experiencing some fatigue, however this is probably one of the longest lasting symptoms. I am about 5/6 months in and can go on walks almost everyday but have to be careful not to do too much because I Can definitely feel my energy go down fast. This virus is so up and down so I am sure this will not last long for you. Everything seems to come in waves or phases so remember this is just one of them that will bring you closer to recovery.

take care,

Dominika 

• Posted

I still have 4 large nodes in my neck swollen and sore. I am feeling better when I get rest and have no stress, but unfortunately my stress is not leaving anytime soon. If only these nodes would shrink and give me something positive to happen to offset some of the negative. I'm trying to look at the big picture and count my blessings, but it seems the devil is always around to knock me down. Praying for all and please pray for me.

• Posted

Hi Sweebee / Dominika / CJ,

I know each one of you are going through your own pain and hardships with this virus right now at different stages. Still thinking about you and putting hope in the Lord for each one of your own individual recoveries. God is a God of miracles and just praying for a miracle and complete healing for you Sweebee, for you Dominika and for you CJ today, in Jesus' name.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Sweebee,

Your  experience sounds like mine. I had a relapse at that time and was so discouraged, it did pass though and then real recovery began,

• Posted

Hi sweebe, 

Sorry to hear that you are getting nausea and fatigue, hoping you get through this soon and get recovered soon. 

I originally crashed in late May, before that I had made lots of progress but now all that progress is no where to be seen, I’m way lower than I was then, and no improvements. I am getting even lower. 

• Posted

Hi youngboy,

I know it can be difficult but please stay positive! This virus just feeds off the worry and then the anxiety and hopeless feelings just make you feel worse. Recovery comes easier when we are at peace in our minds, I promise. 

I believe this will pass for you, Just hang in there and take good care of yourself. Eat as much good food as you can, try not to lay around all day and atleast stretch your limbs out a little, do something or read something that will make you happy. Anything to release some positive feelings in your brain will help you so much. 

thinking of you and hoping this phase doesn’t last much longer for you 

• Posted

Hi dominika, 

Oh thanks for the great words. Hoping things are going a bit better for you. Thanks for the encouragement, and yeah I agree it is worsened by the anxiety and worry, hoping you aren’t having to much of it anymore, and I’m believing in u as well! Take care!

• Posted

Young Boy, 

I definitely agree with Dominika, that this tough time will pass for you. Others on the site may not realise that you're still quite young (because of the maturity and wisdom beyond your years in how you support and help others on the site), but just remember this time will pass over and that God is on your side - and as we are told, if God is for you, who can be against you?

Thinking of you and still standing strong in that belief that you're going to be healthy again and have so much to look forward to as a young man once this tough time is by.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.