Worms in the Face

Posted , 854 users are following.

Hi All,  I dont know if anyone has come across this.  I have a worm infestation in my face.  They travel around under the skin leaving tracks and bursting holes into my skin.  they create glass like balls that split the skin open and move around my skin with ease. 

I first reported it 3 months ago and the doctors totally ignored me treating me for a secondary infection that was caused by open wounds in my face.  They have given me 4 courses of antibiotics treating the wrong infect but totally ignored waht I was telling ithem about the worms. 

The worms whatever they are are very sharp and whereever they travel through in my face the skin collapses, leaving it like plastercine and it causes tiny splinters that are as sharp as anything that inbed themselves in the inside and outside of my skin right down to the lowest skin level. My skin is also producing a clear sticky substance which feels like little shards of glass if I touch it.  All in all, it really couldnt be much worse except for the fact they have made a hole around my mouth which they can look out of.  I am totally sane!

I am in pieces.  I've been telling the doctors what it is and they have totally ignored me.  Even refusing to refer after an A & E i visited confirmed I needed to be referred as the lesions had been on my face for so long.   

I discovered I had private medical care through my company which now thank god means I've seen my first dermatologist.  He's referred me to another dermatlogist that apparently knows more about things in the skin who I'm yet to see.  Even though he's now put me in the right direction, I'm not convinced he was sure it is worms.  I can pull 1/2 inch worms out of my skin bit by bit.  They look like thread worms and never come out intact, you pull little bits off of them.  It leaves worm shape dents in my face and they feel like little match sticks under the skin.  Nobody is taking me seriously as people dont really get worms in the face. 

They have totally destroyed me skin and I have bad scaring.  I have never had acne and had no scaring.   This has all been caused in the last 3 months.  I dread to think how many are alive in there now they'v been left so long.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

81 likes, 2867 replies

2867 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have the same symptoms. Google 'worm in cheek'.
    • Posted

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. I do have a new symptom that is going to force someone to have to examine me more closely than in the past. My eyes are swollen. Actually underneath and around them. One is much larger than the other. There is some sort of infection going on. This has went on for a while all over but started affecting my face continuously about two months ago. Meds that are available OTC everywhere else are under lock and key here in the states. I'm always reading how certain parasite infections are found in the southern US. I live in the southern US. If you go any further south you will be in Florida. Yet you still can't get help. The climate here is pretty warm all year round compared to most states. It's the end of November and there are still gnats flying around. I just don't get it. I'm so tired.
    • Posted

Yes, my left eye got swollen and had a weird crystal like rash on it a while ago. The doctor at emergency gave me doxycycline for it and the swelling went away. But the worms remained and the skeptical doctors.

I know you're tired, everyday is a battle. And I'm fighting it everyday and so are you which means we aren't alone smile

• Posted

Forgive me if I seem all over the place but the structure of this forum is new and all over the place to me. my brother took me to the ER last April. My eyes had been bothering me but only a little. My ovaries were killing me and I could not swallow. When I say this please bear in mind that this is only one in many trips to this ER. I did not want to go but had to do something. I'd become a bag of bones. I couldent swallow much less eat. I knew to be careful of what I said or else I would not get any help. I knew that every time I went there was a paper trail of my past visits. Urine anaylisis and bloodworm did reveal a UTI and strep throat. Doxycycline as usual along with naproxen and flexaril. For once I actually needed what they were giving me. From that day up until two months ago, I convinced myself that all other issues were in my head. Now I'm back at square one and the truth is staring at me every time I look in the mirror. The truth that something is wrong and I can't pretend it does not exist.
  • Posted

Wow.

I have been suffering THREE YEARS NOW. I am 44 y.o. mom, work outside, no major acne since teens...Even then it was never THAT bad. But I did pick at them a bit back then...but not much.

Then practically overnight, during a very stressful period they appeared. I've had my job over 20 years...my co-workers, bosses were so concerned. People starting starting bringing me all kinds of their skin treatments, from bag balm to oils in mist.

They tested me negative for MRSA. Oh, my thyroid suddenly scrapped out at the same time as this started. They've tested me yearly for many years and my num ers went from 1 to 10 so I really feel a hormonal connection. It gets worse monthly as well

So much more I could say.

I have missed so many things when my face was destroyed.

I hve had a weird bite/bump/pimple thing sprout on my neck a couple of months ago. It took forever to do something, then it has finally scabbed but refused to heal. It has been my experience that if these "hard plugs" are still in there, IT WILL NOT HEAL.

When I was washing some of the scab came off and I could see 4 of these hairs. I know they were not from the scab, as I could not pull them out easily with my tweezers. Finally I got some pieces. I made my other half come and SEE FOR HIMSELF I'm not nuts!

Have u found anything out? Are u better?

Thanks smile

• Posted

Hi Autumn - It defenitely sounds like you could have Morgellons symptoms.  The non-healing lesions and fibers emerging from them are experienced by many, many people and pretty much no one is getting any real help unfortunately. The hormonal thing could have an affect of some kind.  It seems like there are a lot more females than males that have it and often they are 45 and up. Really sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this - hopefully, you will find a doctor that can help out in some way.
    • Posted

Whoa! Okay so my symptoms get REALLY bad during my period! And I get the unhealing, 'hairy' lesions all over. Especially face, neck, scalp...well just about everywhere. And my thyroid is shot (hypothyroidism). But I don't have morgellons because I can see and feel worms moving in my neck and legs, especially at night.

• Posted

I have gone back and forth with the "worms" idea for 8 years. I know it feels like them but I sometimes wonder if it is the fibers actually growing underneath and through the skin. Additionally, I believe they put out and electric energy that you can feel - for example, across the scalp. Some bacteria communicate that way.
    • Posted

You must think I'm nuts. I saw this and realized I had already seen the post you were referring to. I'm sorry. No sleep. I need to pay more attention to the date on these posts. I read them on my phone. Everything is so jumbled up and I'm all over the place. I hope you are well .
    • Posted

Christina, no worries!

I am not doing well in this forum, as in figuring it out. It feels often like NOTHING IS EVER EASY ANYMORE.

ABOUT ME: mom of six, twice divorced. I have three boys ages 22,19,17 and 3 villages 15, 12 and 9. The last few months I've only had the youngest here, but the others are close. They wanted to live with dad. Basically he is in town (across the street from high school) and I'm in my childhood home I inherited 5 years ago.....nine miles away from town.

Stress, sadness, and more stress has been my constant companion these past 3 years. If for no other reason than compromising the immune system, I'm sure their is a connection.

Up have to get to work, type later. My name is Tina. My user name refers to my daughter and my life long obsession and profession - plants! 😂 nice to meet you, violently have a good day.

• Posted

Omg. I hate my keyboard/spell check thing!!!! Have a great day...I typed I hope you have a good day, it turned that into VIOLENTLY!
    • Posted

Regarding those Lil hair like things.

When I had all those things on my face and I tried smothering them with coconut oil, been and tumeric and lemon I am sure there was other stuff in my concoction but as I looked in that 30 x mirror I noticed that as I smothered and smothered and layered on the stuff those things that were on my face would try their best to make those tiny Lil thin hair like pop up to the surface, like a diver under the water using a straw to breathe. So I started wondering if that was their way of being under my skin but still bresthing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.