Does this look like herpes or yeast infection sores ?

Posted , 170 users are following.

imageI was with a guy for a year, 7 months ago I went and got checked for STDS. I came back positive for chlamydia. Me and him didnt last too much longer after that. Two weeks ago i got checked again and was cleared, but the doctor said i had a roaring yeast infection. I also had sex with an old friend 2 days prior to that. After i got checked i had unprotected sex with him again a couple weeks after. The sex was rough and my vagina was hurting felt torn. We had sex saturday so when monday came i was still feeling sore i checked and seen i had an ulcer. Over the next few days I got another one and there so painful. I was feeling sick like my whole body was sore, chills, head cold etc. I want to know does this look like yeast infection sores or herpes im so scared ?? im also leaking a lot of watery discharge it looks white while it comes out but when i wipe its yellow ?image

0 likes, 279 replies

279 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I have this same exact issue . I haven't been tested yet . I'm so scared that it may be herpes . Are you getting tested for it ?

• Posted

How long ago did you have sexual intercourse before you started seeing them ? Mines are hurting really bad sore af, and i want to go get it checked but i work and by the time i get off the clinic is closed and i tried to schedule but they dont have anything anytime soon. Are you getting checked ?

• Posted

I started getting itchy about 2 days after sex then a few more days it started to burn when I peed and I noticed them . I'm scared to get checked because I'm afraid to hear that it is herpes .

• Edited

this is what mine have looked like. I was terrified, but the pain was worse than finding out. I thought they would get better but they only got worse. The pain surpassed anything I have ever felt.

I went to urgent care and they did a swab. I'm waiting on mine to come back. they told me they thought it was herpes but treated me for all bacterial STDS too.

I was scared, and I cried for almost two days straight. I'm 20 years old and have always been careful before this last month i chose to be dumb. I havent gotten my results, but have accepted it now. It is not the end of your world I promise.

please go get tested. I am always here for you.

• Posted

Wow I really had hope that it wasn't that .. Can you keep me posted on your results ? Now I feel like I have to face the truth that its herpes

• Posted

Im afraid as well. How long have you had sores now and how do they feel ? Are you having a lot of discharge ?

• Posted

Urgent care swabs you ? How long has it been since you got swabbed and did you also do blood testing ? Were you also having the symptom of a lot of watery discharge ? What kind of meds did they give you and do you feel relief ?

• Edited

I will let you know as soon as I find out. like I said they told me we wont truly know until the swabs come back. get tested while the sores are open though.

It gets easier to accept as the days go on.

• Posted

urgent care does swab! I was a mess crying in their chair, and they reassured me that they see this all the time. they did four different swabs. They told me that women and men of ALL ages come in for STDs every single day. Also that it is NOT the end of my life, and that everything was going to be okay.

They treated me for everything they could just to be safe until the results come back.

I took antibiotics for gonorrhea, chlamydia, trich, and an antiviral for HSV.

As for relief... yes and no. I've found more spots since I went in on Wednesday, however the pain has become more manageable.

I've found warm to hot baths a couple of times a day works wonders for me. I dry the spots out really well after of course, then sleep with no underwear or pants to help dry it out. I noticed underwear causes extreme irritation anyways.

It may still be something else, but I've prepared myself for it being HSV. Have you had any flu like symptoms? Sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, body aches?

That was a major indicator I had that led the doctors to believe it also.

• Posted

yes i had flu like symptoms body aches, sore throat thats it. How long has it been since you had sores im going to go get swabbed today

• Posted

did you have those symtoms without sores? or had them before or with them?

• Posted

A week prior to me noticing the one blister i had a lil cold of some sort. The day i noticed it however i had body aches, chills, and a sore throat a few days after.

• Edited

it will be a week tomorrow since I developed sores. I will most likely hear back tomorrow, or Tuesday.

How did your swabs go?

• Edited

I should be getting my results today or tomorrow. The doctor looked at them and def thought herpes for sure but he couldnt understand why they were only on my outer lips and why I was having abnormal bleeding. So, he took my pee sample to get tested for everything including herpes. I was so hurt but have accepted the worse and pray for the best. How are your sores feeling ?

• Edited

any updates on your results? i am

literally going through the same issue. Hoping its just a yeast infection

• Edited

i'm going through the exact thing too except i have been diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections. im hoping it is just yeast but i have painful sores all over my labia with a white/yellow head and I did not experience any flu-like symptoms. should have my results back in a few days.

• Posted

following, please keep me updated

• Edited

I tested negative for every test. Herpes is one tricky virus, even though I had sores/ulcers my results are negative! Keep your hopes up

• Edited

Do you have photos of what your sores looked like?

• Posted

did your sores look like canker sores?

• Posted

i am having the same experience you are having/had. i havent had any flu like symptoms. update on results? medications used to treat it?

i hope you see this i knows its months later lol

• Edited

me too as well and i am scared because i am only 14 and the same occurs to me and i am not that close to my parents

• Edited

hi yes i had a funny discharge before i got bumps and i smelled pretty bad and high.... and a few days ago i realize i started to feel blistered and them bumps started to appear it hurts very badly... when the bumps rub on my clothes it hurts... i discharge something looking white but when wiped its yellow... when i pee it burns the blisters and caw discomfort when i walk

• Edited

hi. thank you for this. i think I’m currently experiencing the same thing. like you said, im very scared to go to the doctor because im scared that the news ill hear is not what i wanna hear. i had a terrible yeast infection and now its developed into sores. but thank you for your message because im also young (22) and am scared that my life is going to change so much if it really is what i think it is

• Edited

im in this situation now. 😢 22 yo. never been in this situation. im scared. I hope my results are okay. love your positivity.

• Edited

Did you get your results back? I was recently tested positive for HSV1 on my genitals. My reaction to my results were the same, I went to my car and cried my eyes out until the following day. But I feel the emotional impact it has on us is far worse than the virus itself, and that's because of the social stigma that comes with it. We were taught growing up that only one kind of person gets herpes (irresponsible, promiscuous people etc) and that is so far from the truth. No one deserves herpes and as time goes on we will heal emotionally from this and realize that everything will be okay and we can live totally normal lives with this virus. This virus does not define you as a person or tell others what kind of person you are, so never feel ashamed or let it impact your life negatively. I'm happy to see that you're doing better emotionally now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for negative test results on your end if you're still anxiously waiting. Best wishes to you, sweetie ❤

• Posted

same problem! what happen?? i need answer it hurts to pee and i have open sores

• Posted

me too did you get your results back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.