Labia Minora Shrinking!!

Posted , 26 users are following.

Hi Ladies

I have never used clob and have managed my itching, soreness and lesions with natural things. Olive oil or coconut oil to keep things moist and a little dab of tea tree directly onto the itch which for me is at the top of my left labia majora just on the inside edge. This is where my white patches are plus a few slightly raised what I think must be hair follicle spots. ( waiting for a dermatologist ref to come through re this). What is concerning me is that in the last couple of months my labia Minora has noticeably shrunk and my clit has also shrunk! I have no fusing and can still have sex with no pain. ( long may this continue). Does clob prevent shrinkage or will it happen regardless. I was diagnosed 2 years ago. Maybe I've been lucky up to now and LS is starting to enforce her true colours on me now. I don't want to use clob but if this is a preventative measure then perhaps I should. I don't have any LS symptoms other than shrinkage at present other than on my labia majora. I am 55yrs so maybe this could also be atrophy from menopause? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank ladies.

1 like, 134 replies

134 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi guys !

I feel like my fuseing started rapidly like as soon as I was diagnosed , within a month , my labia disappeared on one side ,, half on the other,

the clitoria hood also now fused down and opening off Virgina now starting..

it’s  so fast,  will it eventually stop at some point ?

I’m a bit scared,  at the pace it’s going that ! in 6 months ! there will be nothing left ...

I’m 51 not In menapause yet!!

maybe I’m pre menapause , but !

no other systems,,

with ! someone saying it takes years to slowly get to that,  it’s now scared me to think in two years what state will I be in?

So much informative information on here . Learning so much ! 

• Posted

Sorry you are dealing with this. Some people say you can un fuse, however I have not had that experience. Giving it time is good to see how (if) things progress - with  some sort of treatment. I stopped corticosteroids as an experiment to see if I can heal myself naturally. Using essential oils, bicarbonate etc with the hope that things reverse. It’s only been one month and it’s a slow process with some minor changes that give me hope! But no unfusing yet. Depends how long yoh have been fused too - if it’s a recent occurance you have a better hope of reversal, it seems. Just hang in with us and let’s fight this thing! Many have reported very positive results 
    • Posted

Hi, I'm similar to you, first aware of it 18 month ago, mild & infrequent for over a year, then noticed slight changes, skin thinning, labia shrinking and itchy raised nodules mainly at night but rare. But in one month changes unbelievable if it carries on like this there will be nothing left in 2 years & I'm single. Best of it was I stayed single while raising my son alone thinking when he goes off to college I'll get myself a life & maybe a man, no chance of that now!!. I'm 53 early menopause about age 43. Fed up, confused, sick of trying different oils. creams what don't really improve it and I don't know what to eat anymore to stop it getting worse & its getting worse so quickly .... . But get up everyday & carry with life but I may stop looking down below as it makes me sad. Will let you know if I have any luck with anything smile

• Posted

Thanks Lynn

I note your comments. My kilo ofborax arrived today. Mixed a bit up and applied. A little irritable at first. Left it 30mins and moisturised with my usual coconut oil tea tree blend now feeling comfortable. Is slight irritation normal at first with borax? Hoping it slows up the process of fusing if nothing up..x

• Posted

Hi Yvonne

Well I put a teaspoon of the borax into a little dish and added I water till th crystals appeared to be dissolved. The mixture is slightly thickened. I put it on with a q tip , let it dry then about 20 mins later I massaged in my mixture of coconut oil tea tree and lavender oil. Each time I have to wee I then put the borax solution on and repeat my moisturising regime. When I know it's going to be difficult ie working I will do the borax when I can but will put plenty of vaseline on to protect the skin. This appears to work for me. I also wash with Dove sensitive soap and again this gives no adverse effect for me. I haven't tried spraying the borax as not bought a little spray bottle as yet. Carry mine around in a small screw top pot.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Nettie. I’ll try that. Must buy a slip for under skirts and dresses. They are getting oil marked. It’s all going to work out in the end with the help of everyone on site. 👌

• Posted

Hi Nettie

I just want to add to the discussion for everyone who is reading this; I'm thrilled that the borax is working for you. I'm much more sensitive and put only a pinch into a 100ml spray bottle, then fill up with water. I spray after every toilet visit. Any more than that and I get sore. So everyone has to work out what works for them and if it doesn't work than dilute, dilute, dilute until you find your correct dose.

I am gradually unfusing, I've been using Borax like this for two years and am seeing clear seams where there was only smooth skin before, so I live in hope that it's slow but steady, and the progress doesn't stop.

Isn't this site fabulous? and so are all the lovely women on it.

• Posted

Dear Bridge, 

thanks for sharing about your slow but steady success.... Do you really mostly attribute the return of  the "seams" between your labia majora and minora to Borox?  Or can you please let us know what your whole other topicals and supplements and diet no-no's that you believe are contributing to this success?   

wonderful to hear..

• Posted

Hey Nettie, good to hear your success and in a way its a relief to know that for you, the results dont necessarily show up in a week or a month, but rather a longer period of time. I’m feeling discouraged when I read some peoples’ posts about trying a product and then having immediate results. Other than some relief of itching/pain, my condition is not just going away. It’s a very slow process. I would say my very white areas are still white but they are less white, I want them to go pink! I’m trying so many things right now based on thesuggestions here. I just got my borax and literally just now I applied a very concentrated solution of it with a cotton swab and it felt great, no irritation whatsoever. Ive also been using a concentrated solution of tea tea/water/sodium bicarbonate for spraying on after using the toilet. This has also helped but I’m hearing from some that borax works better. I’m wondering also about your gradual unfusing. Were you fused for a long time? My fusion is basically the entire inner and outer labia together as one. And the white patch encompasses everything inside of my outer labia, espeically at the top. There is only a faint seam between them, if its really true that skin can unfuse but it takes time, I’m going to be one happy camper. Thank you for the realistic encouragement! 
    • Posted

Hi Nancy

I'm pretty sure it's the borax. There haven't really been any other major changes for me. I've tidies around the edges of my already good diet, and cut out sugar. I've never really had flares since I was diagnosed (plenty before then), and food doesn't seem to make me flare, so I don't go really restricted. However I'm very sensitive to the Borax and so only use a very dilute spray. It's slow progress, but it is happening.

I'm about to go offline for the summer, so I may have a couple more days on here if I can find the time, Look forward to joining the discussions when I get back.

Have a good summer all of you

Bridge

• Posted

apologies for the awful grammar and typos, rushing before kids get back...

• Posted

Nettie, just to say, not diagnosed yet but pretty sure it is LS, on list for biopsy. first felt itch 18 month ago, pretty lucky up until Christmas just gone. Then itch became a little more frequent though I considered it mild. Last month most days aware of slight inflammation and raised nodules for a while now on both labia L & R majore , like you but mainly to the right Labia, just on the inside occasional unbearable itch usually at night. no major changes or burning or pain. Up until recently I considered myself lucky but now major changes over such a short space of time labia shrinking & skin much thinner (not the same anymore & at this rate will be single the rest of life I am 53 early menopause 42. I have been ` Have been given Eumovate mild steroid cream not used it yet as I was trying loads of natural stuff, e.g  sudo cream eased it but cannot get it off area once on so had to stop. i'm sad & desperate today as inflamed skin is raw where I has a mad rub to ease itching on one occasion this week, so skin has peeled. Don't know what to use next! Diet was pretty good, now cut out sugar, don't have much gluten anyway, milk on in a few teas/coffee, I'm lost! ........ I replied to you mainly because you sound like me in. LS first started 18 month ago, itch mainly one side on inside and raised nodules around hair follicle. I'll keep in touch if I notice improvements, etc.

• Posted

Hi Purple Lady.

You do sound very similar to my situation and at times it's dire! Most days I itch a little and it's always in the same spot. Top left on inside of labia majora. In a flare up the skin will peel. I now put a tiny dab of neat tea tree oil on it and that pretty much easest the itch for it to settle down again. I'm seeing the dermatologist on Tuesday whether they'll want to do a biopsy who knows as Gynae were pretty sure just by looking. I've been referred as I've 3 raised nodules around my anus. Gp not sure what it is. Looks like a skin tag.. She feels probably LS related. Can imagine Dermatology will want to biopsy it. Bet that's going to be sore! :-( Really feel for you hun. Gone are the days when you could just shower dress and go. Now its potions for moisturising, borax. The rest of my skin is very dry and thinning on my legs so I constantly moisture them. I seem to also be prone to very dry feet and they too have a maintenance regime! My hair is so coarse. I'm sure LS has a part to play in all of that too. Chin up chick. We are all only a message away. xx

• Posted

Thanks Yvonne, this site gives advice, remedies & for me mostly it gives hope which lessons the stress ... couldn't do without it 'haven't  worked out my triggers or what gives relief yet but one day' smile

• Posted

Hi Nettie62, diet, toiletries, etc, so healthy & natural (small glass wine & 2 small coffees daily) don't know what the triggers are yet or what gives relief .. in time I hope.

But that itch is most nights about 3.30 a.m & I rub as it's unbearable and I'm half asleep but then the disappointment sets in as I know and feel the red raw skin & wish I hadn't rubbed. It is always in the same spot but a little on the left last night.

1st appointment with Gynecologist tomorrow this recent letter didn't state 'Biopsy' which I would rather not have anyway, hope they say it's menopause dryness or something like that, fingers crossed they have a miracle cure & it will all go away.

I'm struggling to hide the ever growing creams - oils - internet searches - & printed info from my 19 year old son who really doesn't need to know about LS &, I never thought I would be relieved when he went off to college so me & my bitz could be free to do what needs to be done.

I'm struggling to get borax in Ireland & it's extortionate on the internet for 20 mule borax..  Chat again & Good Luck with you Dermotologist app & smile

• Posted

Hi purplelady, try cutting out your two coffees daily for a week at least.  Some people like myself react badly to coffee.
    • Posted

I cut out my regular daily coffee too, and I think it helped. Now I have one occasionally and really enjoy it, but not regularly,
    • Posted

Hi, Yes, I'm the same. I cannot take it every day, and so I have it a couple of times a week, and only one cup which is decaf.  But initially I had to cut it out totally to figure out if it was a problem..which it was.

• Posted

Guppy - When you say “ caused problems”, what do you mean? Itching? Or do you think it was contributing to labial  shrinking? 
    • Posted

Karen, When I was having coffee I had some severe symptoms, like extreme tiredness.  The sort of tiredness that sends you to your bed.  This would come on after an hour of having it.  Remember I have multiple chemical sensitivity so I am a bit different.  But, my point is that having that kind of reaction has a rebound effect on everything else that's going on in my body.  And so I would feel a very slight twinge in my Vjay..nothing too extreme, but it was there.  So, from that, I knew I had to stop it for a while, like a month to clear it from my system.  I still have coffee but occasionally.

I have only experienced terrible itching once.  It was the internal itching, which is the worst I think and that was definitely due to throwing caution to the wind and eating anything and everything I wanted for a couple of crazy days.  The outside itching I rarely experience, and even then it is usually if I have worn tight jeans.

I do think we all react to different things which is why it is important to do the work and find out what your 'thing' is.  When I have coffee now I have decaf and dilute it with half coffee half water.

I know there is a strong connection between food and itching/sores/cuts etc. 

However, I dont know if there is a connection between food and labial shrinkage.  If I had to guess I would say probably not, but I dont honestly know. 

• Posted

I forgot to say that one thing I do know about labial shrinkage and that is that it progresses more rapidly after menopause...so it is clearly a hormonal thing.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying Guppy. I too hv been bone- tired, even with 8 good hours of sleep. When blood work came back and I had no testosterone, Dr said that explains my tiredness, no libido ( I thought it was LS - psychy), unexplained weight gain (when I am off sugar, wheat, carbs, sweets, chocolate, etc.), irritability, depression/ anxiety ( again, thought it was LS diagnosis). I have plenty of Estrogen, no sign of period ending anytime soon, but 2.7 testosterone when it should be between 15-60. We are going to work on that and see if tiredness clears up, I hate to give up my 1-2 cups coffee! 😬🙄

• Posted

hi ya... be sure to read that b12 article i sent you, Karen.  it mentions libido building as one of it's qualities. and of course irritability, anxiety etc etc. I love the liquid spray from myKind Organics. but there msut be others - better absorption. 

• Posted

Hi Nancy- Yes, I read the B- 12 article and ordered some B-12 drops that go under the tongue- can’t hurt....
    • Posted

Hi Karen,

Did the doctor prescribe you testosterone? I have the same issue. Very low numbers, but am afraid to start my testosterone prescription. 

• Posted

Hi Vita- Yes the Dr had a compounding pharmacy mix me up a very low dose cream to rub on my inner thigh once a day. He doesn't want to raise it a lot, just enough to get it into the normal range . As it started  at 2.7, he said 8-10 would be good. I am a high soprano and sing professionally, so we hv to be careful because too high a dose could cause my vocal cords to grow and voice to lower. 

My libido is improved and I do hv a bit more energy- am also taking B- 12. Will hv my levels checked again in several weeks. 

• Posted

hi karen, my test came in and my vit D is 36.4, and b12 is 370pg..she sd to take vit D 2000 A DAY AND b12 ..i already take 4000 a day...i have a thyroid ultrasound test tomorrow.. see what that is all about.. janie..what else should i look on my test since she did i think all three the TPO , T4  AND TSH..JANIE
    • Posted

Janie- From the latest I hv read about Vit D levels, they used to think 30 was fine, then 60, now they are recommending 90 for those of us with autoimmune disease. Also hv then check your adrenal glands. 

I am seei g a functional medicine Dr on 10/22 to have all checked plus look for gluten intolerance/ sensitivity, dairy intolerance or sensitivity and fi d the weak link in my immune system

• Posted

Went for Gyno appointment they said maybe LS, come back in 3 months if it hasn't changed then biopsy,. Itch is every night skin is peeling and red raw, wake up already scratching & rubbing, Gave me Eumovate steroid 0,05 %. Does nothing for me. Recently had bad seizure and developed Angular colitis ever since also red scaly patches around nose and face ever since maybe triggered by stress? Went in sea which may have triggered what turned out to be (Dr said) Genital psoriasis, thighs & the rest!. Now I have itching and peeling everything mainly at night & looks horrendous. My diet mainly Gluten dairy, sugar free, (odd treat) plus fruit, veg, fish, chicken, etc.(apart from natural yogurt for Calcium) & half a glass of red wine even without wine still have itch, stopping coffee tomorrow. Have cupboard full of creams, ointments and salts,etc. Don't know what to do next. Please anyone out there, be my Mom, my Dr & my friend as I am lost, alone & over whelmed. There is just to much information & I am spending my days GOOGLING skin diseases and remedies could you & others suggest with the avast amount of knowledge and experience suggest anything else & during this time I will do Yoga, get a massage, walk (even though it's sore) & watch funny videos before bed to distress. If not I will continue to read all the info & advice on this forum I suppose I am just desperate more than I have ever been in my life as I know most of us are. It's this Genital Psoriasis (Dr told me to use the same steroid for this as for the LS) that is really difficult on top of LS & I can't hide my face, then 3 back conditions going on & Epilepsy - I would like to lie down & just cry but I have a 19 year old so I must be as normal as possible. Well putting all that down relieved a little stress so Thanks Guppy & others smile

• Posted

Dear dear Purple Lady,  I feel for you feeling so badly; it definitely takes a while to balance things out with these autoimmune issues. .  Let's see if we can get you much more comfortable quickly. 

I know I must sound like a broken record to those who have been on here for the last 8 months or so. But there really is no way around the fact that autoimmune issues are SYSTEMIC illnesses and therefore must be treated with systemic solutions. a cream here and there is only a palliative; as Well, eliminating certain foods is only looking at the out of balance SYMPTOMs.  That is why I worked so hard spending my days and a month GOOGLING like you back in january - april. I came up with the List of scientifically verified the supplements that can help us rebalance our bodies.  I just can't repost it all but here ar the tow links that I posted to this forum some months ago.  IT would really be helpful to know from any of you all if any of you are actually doing the protocol and to what extent.

Purplelady - have yo had a chance to read these previously? are you already on high level supplements?  Did you know that Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease? oh, and I just looked it up - epilepsy is considered an associated condition with quite a few of the autoimmune disorders. 

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/quick-start-guide-newest-scenario--644890

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pathway-into-and-out-of-autoimmune-diseases--661033

I sincerely hope these help you, dear PurpleLady. Be well.  

• Posted

karen , ok thank you on all the info, i will ask when i see her ..if she will do those test. 
    • Posted

Purplelady- Hang in there young lady, there is relief out there. It sounds like you are doing a good job with your diet, but are you taking any supplements? You need to read Nancy KB’s posts on autoimmune balancing with supplements. It sounds like you have a weakness in your immune system and need to see a functional medicine doctor to find where your weak link is. 

In the meantime, I found enourmous relief from eumaid maxx and then emuaid regular. It works on all skin problems inclusing psoriasis, excema, hemmeroids, LS, LP, contact dermatatitis, etc. I used it during a major flare with sores, blisters, pain, itching- and it was all under control in 10 days. I changed my diet - no wheat, no sugar, low oxalate, and I am now “ in remission” and have had no more flares. You CAN get a handle on this. 

I have a 19 year old daughter and this is what I would do for her if she were suffering like you. Hang in there kid!  And use this forum for support! 

• Posted

Hi purple lady, sorry I have only just seen your post as I wasn't getting any of the new posts.  I have read your post a couple of times and of course I can only make suggestions and then it is up to you to decide whether to try it or not. 

I agree with Nancy that you need to be taking supplements if you are not already.

The nightly itch and scratching is a vicious cycle that you are going to have to try to break.  Others have posted on here that for a while they had to wear soft gloves as a preventative measure due to scratching when asleep.  I think I would try that!  God only knows the damage you are causing in your sleep.  One poster said that she was very uncomfortable for a while but within a week the itching had gone through doing this.

I'm betting the scaly patches on your face are likely caused by stress.  Can you look at meditation? or a Yoga Class.

I'm also betting the diagnose of genital psoriasis is actually Lichen Sclerous.  I'm saying this only because I have no faith in the ability of doctors to get things right when it comes to LS.

Are you keeping a food diary?  Yes, it is a pain in the butt but I had to keep one for a whole year as I have multiple food intolerances.  No one can remember what they ate an hour ago, or even drank.  I can't stress this enough and you should keep it open in your kitchen for easy access.

Finally, it might be worth going back to basics. Stop all the different creams and treatments.  Try not putting anything on your Vjay for a couple of days and see what happens.  I'm a big believer in less is more.  Each cream/potion/oil should be used solely on its own for at least a week before using anything else as I think this is the problem for many of us, we tend to try this and that and before we know it we are using too many things which then makes it difficult to figure out what is causing a problem when a problem arises.

If you see red sore skin I wouldn't put the Steriod cream on it.  The steroid cream is for the white plaques of skin and for problems with the clitoris in my opinion.  As I said, try to avoid puttig anything on down there if you can for a couple of days and then I would actually try using a tiny bit of vaseline, hardly any.  The longer you can go without putting anything on there the better while you figure out your next move.

• Posted

ren, Guppy, etc . Thanks to all I will look up information links you sent the weekend when I have more time smile xx
    • Posted

I have put the 2 sites down Nancy & will look them up the weekend, I am still getting used to this site & finding old posts & certain individual messages & replies & where to find them. Even sent a long reply & maybe I didn't click send but I can no longer see it but I will get used to this group. I have been using Calamine Lotion & stopped everything else since Friday. Cut almost right down on gluten, dairy, sugar & high oxolates the majority of the time now but still learning about foods, have gone down to 8 stone doesn't look or feel good, need more healthy fattening foods but so many carbs are out so diet is tricky, but I'm trying. Started Acupuncture this morning it's expensive also walking again 3 times a week & learning to take it easy. A little less stressed, not as itchy, slept a little better  so fingers crossed for tomorrow & any improvement there after. Thanks so much Nancy

• Posted

Now have quarter of small coffee on the morning have bought Roobus Teabags not so bad, thanks Guppy
    • Posted

Hi Purplelady- just wanted tomention that I am followi g a low ixalate diet ( due to history of kidney stones) and hv read that it helps with LS symptoms as well. A note  about tea:

The oxalate in tea is all soluble oxalate, which is much more readily absorbed by the body than insoluble oxalate, especially for people with poor gut health. I would have terrible flare-ups for “no reason” that stopped when I quit black tea for awhile (and quit again and again).

Red roobus does not cause these issues! 

Hope this helps! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.