Skip to content
in this discussion +1 following Follow this discussion

Research study - experiences of living with a chronic skin condition

Hey all! I'm a researcher at Royal Holloway University studying experiences of living with a chronic skin condition. I’m keen to find people aged 18 and over with acne who would be interested in speaking with me about their experiences.

This project focuses on how people cope with and manage the physical, psychological and social difficulties that these conditions present, but which are often overlooked or treated as non-serious. The research will provide valuable real-world understanding about life with a chronic skin condition from the perspectives of people affected.

As someone who has lived with a chronic skin condition, eczema, for many years, I have personal experience of the impact of having a skin condition and the difficulties the symptoms, effects, treatment and management of a skin condition can cause in many areas of life.

If you are interested in sharing your experiences of acne as part of this research, do let me know. I’m happy to provide more information about what the study involves and answer any questions you may have. Thanks for reading!

Khalid

Report this

0 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.