Skip to content

Kawasaki's Disease

All discussions in this group

• penny49988 4

RE:

Hi, Out of curiousity has anyone else's child had digestive problems and or with their appendicts after having Kawasaki? Or anemia. The reason I'm asking is our son has been having ongoing issues since. Is it possible that it is all connected vs. seperate issues. Any thoughts would be more than appreciated.

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • penny49988 4

RE: Any response would be appreciated

Hi, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this with their child and if so so what did you do or what would you do? When my son was first dxed with Kawasaki over two years ago he had an irregular ECG. The only treatment he recieved was a low dose aspirin for a brief period of time almost two weeks...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

my son has heart damage from kawasaki disease.

my son had been ill from he was about 8 months old. He had viral infections every month for about a year. It wasn`t until my GP recognised some of my sons symptoms as K.d. After having a temp so high he became unconcious he was rushed to hospital but was given calpol even though my doctor had said he...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Lighty 1

Kawasaki & Future Symptoms

I had written on this \"page\" previously about KD on 13 August 2007. My daughter is now 6 and is still undergoing treatment for \"uvetis\" which is a rare eye condition (inflammation which occurs inside the eye) - she is still (since Feb 2007) on eyedrops, weekly injections of Methrotex...

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • PAUL73 1

LONG TERM EFFECTS

MY SON HAD KAWASAKI IN 2004 BUT GOT THE ALL CLEAR ,BUT SINCE THEN HE HAS BEEN ILL A LOT WITH COLDS FLUES AND NEVER HAS THE SAME AMOUNT OF ENERGY SINCE HE HAD IT, IS THERE SOME THING WE DONT NO ABOUT THIS DISEASE

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • penny49988 4

Son was diagnosed with Kawasaki two and a half years ago

If anyone has experienced anything similar with their child I would really appreciate any input. Two and a half years ago our son was diagnosed with Kawasaki. He was put on low dose aspirin after about the 10th day for a short period of time. He has been anemic since. He also had his appendicts removed...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • sleepyhorse 1

Confused about echo results - would appreciate some advice

Hi there My 8 month old baby boy was diagnosed with suspected kd last week and treated for this on day 10 of his illness, so pretty much on the cut off point of the 10 day window. All rather stressful but tried to stay positive. Today however, I'm not feeling so positive. We took him for his first echo...

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • marta388 1
  • Guest M

kawasaki? or not

In 2007, my son was admitted to hospital, he had high fever, not brought down with meds, stiff neck, red hands, rash on skin. Doctor thought Kawasaki, they did an ecs and echo gram. No problems with his heart, bt since reading this web site ive discoverd that scans should have been done for several weeks...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

kawasaki disease

My daughter had kawasaki disease 5 years ago aged 3. she was perfectly well and became ill very suddenly over the space of about 4 hours. she became very week rejecting both food and drink,she had a very high temperature the palms of her hands became very red as did the soles of her feet . A rash apeared...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Got Kawasaki Disease but now given all clear

You know your own child and last August (2008) our son, then 2yrs 4mths, seemed troubled and had disturbed nights but there were no symptoms to see. Then after a few days he came out in a rash. He also had a temperature and his ears and nipples were bright red. Being Bank Hol Mon we took him to the...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

KAWASAKI DISEASE

MY SON IS CURRENTLY BEING TREATED IN THE Q.M.C. HOSPITAL NOTTINGHAM. HE WAS ADMITTED THURSDAY 19TH FEB. AND IS ON A GLUCOSE DRIP. hE WENT TO A LOCAL DROP IN CENTRE EARLIER IN THE WEEK AND WAS DIAGNOSED AS HAVING A EAR INFECTION, BUT HIS CONDITION GOT WORSE. HE LOST HIS APPETITE AND WAS VERY DOCILE IN...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

my son was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease on Day 6 of h...

my son was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease on Day 6 of his symptoms, however it was the third doctor we saw that thought it was kawasaki's and sent us to the hospital to have it confirmed. When we got to hospital the consultants we not 100% convinced that it was KD (Kawasaki disease) however they took...

• Guest M

kawasaki at 8 weeks old

our daughter was 8 weeks old in 2004 when after having her first jab, 48 hours later was vomiting terribly and had a large rash on her body the jab was given on the wednesday and by friday evening she was rushed to hospital and admitted around midnight where she developed the other symptons hands...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

My Daughter was diagnosed with Kawasiki virus.

Over 20+ yrs ago my daughter was diagnosed with this virus. She had a fever of 104 F that would not budge, despite analgesics and ice baths. She became dehydrated, and had a red blotchey rash across her cheeks, on the palm of her hands and feet, and her abdomen. After several days of being hospitalised,...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • carol King 1

Terrance Johnson

In 1993 my son became very sick with a high fever and rash. The doctors at the local hospital told me my son had an ear infection and sent us home with medicine. After a few days he continued to get worse, I took him back to the hospital and was told that he had an ear infection that was not responding...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

my daughter 2 1/2 has just had kd

:cry: :x My daughter has just come home from hospital after being diagnosed with kd.she had been to the doctors three times before being admitted to hospital,i was told it was mumps ,then severe tonsilitis ,then mumps again but by this time she couldnt walk or use her hands very well which the doctor...

• Guest M

My daughter had Kd when she was 2 years old. We had seen...

My daughter had Kd when she was 2 years old. We had seen a few doctors who believed that she had scarlet fever. However this was not the case. She was finally treated for the first time, but not untill the 10th day. This was in February 95. In May 95 she got Kd for a second time. She had heart damage...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

KD

i was 12 mounths old and i had kawasaki and i am at school now and i am 15 year 11. i have to go up to GOSH once a year.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

At 6 months old I

At six months old I ran a fever for weeks at a time. I had a strawberry tounge, my lymph nodes were swollen, my feet and hads were peeling, and my nails were so brittle that they would crack in half and fall off. My hair also feel out. My mother was in the hospital almost every day and many doctors came...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

My son was diagnosed with KD when he was 3 months old. T...

My son was diagnosed with KD when he was 3 months old. The night before i took him to an emergancy appointment at the doctors. my son had a high temperature and he would not move and looked like he was asleep, although when i moved he would open his eyes. when i got to the doctors they said he had to...

• Guest M

Kawasaki

My little girl was 2yrs old (2005) when she developed a really high temperature in January 2005 and after a couple of visits to the GP who prescribed antibiotics which didn't help.. but by the 4th day her hands had become swollen and bright red and she had a rash on her body - we saw another GP on a...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

kd

i was older than most when i got kd, i was a 12 year old girl with a temperature gradually i got hotter and stared to feel really unwell i was violently sick also had the runs. Then i was seen by a doc who give me a jab to make me sleep. when i woke i was still being sick and by then i had the STRAWBERRY...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

My little boy was diagnosed with Kawasaki’s disease just...

My little boy was diagnosed with Kawasaki’s disease just before his first birthday-he is coming up four years old now. I had to go back to the hospital three times with him before we were lucky enough to find a doctor that recognised it. His symptoms included high temperature, rash, conjunctivitis, peeling...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

My son suffered from K D when he was 5 years old luckily...

My son suffered from K D when he was 5 years old luckily our doctor recognised his symptoms on time, he was admitted to hospital straight away and put on a drip also was on a high dose of aspirin that he had to be weaned off once home. He had heart scans up to 1 year after this and was given the all...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

my nephew, who is 2 years old, was diagnosed with kawasa...

my nephew, who is 2 years old, was diagnosed with kawasaki syndrome. he was in icu for a week, and i was wondering if anyone whose child was affected with this syndrome had just had their carpets professionally cleaned right before the affliction? please reply here, if so. This message was automatically...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

My husband was diagnosed with A typical Dementia. He has...

My husband was diagnosed with A typical Dementia. He has been given all the brain tests including a Pet Scan. The test said that he has atrophy of the brain. One doctor had told us that he Mild Cognitive Impairment. He is now receiving IVImmunoglobin. He has had four treatments. I would like to know...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

My daughter was rushed into Glan Clwyd Hospital, North W...

My daughter was rushed into Glan Clwyd Hospital, North Wales with what we now know to be Kawasaki Disease. She was six months old and had been rushed into hospital with a high temperature, skin rash and strawberry lips. She had been in for two days and the hospital were discharging her claiming her...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

my little son, started with kawasaki when he was months ...

my little son, started with kawasaki when he was months old. after my first visit in hospital they told me it was just a virus and sent us home. after about two weeks of not feeling better i went again to the doctor, and he gave me some voltarene drops which helped my little boy for a couple of hours....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

After 18 days of high temperature, 3 wrong diagnoses, 6 ...

After 18 days of high temperature, 3 wrong diagnoses, 6 different doctors, 5 days in hospital and 7 days of useless antibiotics, the 6th doctor thought my 5 months old son could have had Kawasaki, started the immoglogulin infusion and high dose of aspirin and ordered an echo. The echo showed aneurysmal...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

My daughter fell very ill at 2 1/2. Not meningitis, her ...

My daughter fell very ill at 2 1/2. Not meningitis, her glands were very swollen due to the body fighting illness. As the GP was unable to make a diagnosis my daughter was admitted to hospital immediately. Once admitted they were initially suspecting glandular fever. Luck was on our side and a South...

0 replies 0 votes Posted

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.