Skip to content

Lansoprazole

All discussions in this group

Next
  • gary35 2

Trying to lower my dose

Hi. I have been taking lansoprazole for over 5 years as I had chronic heartburn. I am not over weight or smoke etc but do suffer anxiety and take sertraline for it.  I currently take 30mg twice a day but am trying to reduce my dose. I have currently cut a quarter off one of my tablets every other day....

30 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Lansoprazole - chest muscle ache/pain

Hi, I have been taking lansoprazole for about a week now as I was suffering from bad Heartburn/Indegestion and have noticed that my pectoral muscles are aching/painful. I do work out from time to time but have done for quite a while and have never had this before due to my exercise and I haven't changed...

30 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • richard48321 2

I took a Lansoprozle this morning by mistake

I should take my 30mg at night which I did last night. This morning I took another not thinking as the last drug had to be twice a day. The upper stomach is quite painful, dont want to bothter the Drs but does anyone have any one have any experience of this ? Maybe the pain will pass, Ive just had some...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • shelly 55145 1
  • nicholaa1980 2
  • Williamm 2

Is this an ok way to wean off lansoprazole

I have been trying to wean off my 30 mg lansoprazole capsules for the past 2 weeks. I have only taken 3 capsules in 3 weeks. Where as before I was taking a capsule everyday. I have just been taking a capsule when the heartburn has got too much to handle. I have been lasting about 5 days to a week before...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Williamm 2

Is Lansoprazole causing my anxiety?

I have been on a ppi for 8 years. First I was on omperazole from 2009 to 2012 and then lansoprazole from 2012 till now. I suffer from anxiety where I get vision problems, brain fog. Agitation and concentration problems. I have had my eyes checked and there's nothing wrong with my vision I was told. I...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • JJ66 1

Lansoprazole - new starter or should I?

Hi. i`ve told by the doctor I need to go onto Lansoprazole for life. My condition I think is misdiagnosed as I think I have Achalasia (cardiospasm) as I have small episodes weeks/months apart of not being able to swallow. The food does get "stuck" in my throat and salvia won`t go down. To the only way...

• Williamm 2

Lansoprazole long term side effects?

I started off taking 20mg of omeprazole In 2009 when I was 18 and took it basically everyday until 2012 when I was then switched to 30mg of lansoprazole. I have took lansoprazole basically everyday from 2012 to now. I am now 26 so have been taking a ppi basically everyday for the last 8 years. I suffer...

15 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Williamm 2

How to stop taking lansoprazole?

I am convinced lansoprazole is causing a lot of my mental health problems like brain fog, confusion, agitation, irrabillity and blurred vision. I took 20mg omeprazole basically everyday for 3 years and 30mg of lansoprazole for the last 5 years. I tried to stop taking the lansoprazole recently and got...

• Guest M

My experiences of stopping taking Lansoprazole

Hi, Like everybody on here I take Lansoprazole for stomach problems. There are lots of experiences on here of the side effects people get when taking them but; What effects do people get when stopping taking it? I think it would be very interesting to find out as I cannot find anything on the internet...

70 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • stefan53258 2
  • jhleerph 2

Long term side effects from PPIs?

I was taking H2s and PPIs for 5+ years.  Luckily I was able to taper myself off.  Over the last year I have been struggling with weakness/sitffness/pain in back/chest/legs/abdomen.  I was wondering if anybody else is stuggling with this?  My thinking is that my muscles are magnesium depleted which makes...

4 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • susan27029 3

Newly diagnosed acid reflux

hi all iv had uncomfortable times with slight reflux but 6 weeks ago feelings of something stuck or pressure feelings in my chest/throat sent me to the doctors. the main problem is the stuck feeling, and when eating/ drinking the feeling that it is slow to go down. i have been taking lansoprazole 30...

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • anthony.l 1
  • Guest M

I started taking Lansoprazole at the age of 27 and have ...

I started taking Lansoprazole at the age of 27 and have been using it daily for five years. I used to get these terrible throbbing pains in my upper stomach, which would spread upwards into my food pipe. The pain would get worse and worse, and go right through to my back. When it first happened I thought...

93 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • kotchki 1

lansaprozole

Was prescribed lansaprozole (Zoton) for reflux. Cured reflux, but caused hair loss. A headful of thick curly hair was reduced to my scalp showing through, also lost all body hair and eyelashes! Stopped taking it but haven't got my hair etc back! Can one sue the Pharmaceutical company?

45 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Pearls girl 2
  • charlotte1824 4

Symptoms

I dont know if this is the right place to post this question but I wanted to find out about peoples symptoms for indegestion or reflux. The ones listed on sites are very hard to understand how they actually feel. I have not been diagnosed with reflux or indegestion as its never been something i thought...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • steve51768 2

30 years of taking Lansaprozole

I have been taking 30mg x twice daily for nearly 30 years. For the past 5 years i have had terrific bloating, pain, loose stools. I have had more tests than anything ranging from suspected  Ceoliac Disease, Camera's in nearly every orofice, tested for Lactose/Lactoluse in fact every teat imaginable....

11 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Fernandous 2

My key hole surgery made me worse than ever ?

Been on lanzoprazole since the age of 20..21 so 20+ years.Im now 42 i have a hyiatus hernia with barrets and i had key hole surgery but it was the worse decision of my life.My esophagus pretrudes outwoulds very swollen,75 mg daily but still suffering greatly , my tummy is always bloated and the burping...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • emma68321 2

Lansoprazole - constant pain not going away

Hi im wondering if anyone can help me. I woke up ast friday early hurs of the mornig with unbearable chest pain. Thought i was having a heart attack. Im only 32! doctor prescribed Lansoprazole. Been on 2 tablets a day for 4 days now and taking gaviscon and paracetemol. ve had no imporvement and i cant...

• Koo. 2

omeprazol now lansoprazole not working.??

Im now quite poorly and needing some advice..Between September and November last year i was rushed to A&E 6 times with really bad chest and back pain,ecg bloods and chest xrays done on every occassion i was embarrasingly sent home and told my doctor needed to refere me for tests.. Come December i was...

• Pearls girl 2

Ive decided to try to come off lansoprazole anyone else tried this

Ive been on lansoprazole for over 30 years and am now experiencing bad long term side effects . The tablets, 15 mg per day have worked well for me so far but i have now started getting reccuring polyps in my stomach which i have to have cut off every year. Also ive just had pneumonia, another side effect...

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

I have been taking lansoprazole every day now for the pa...

I have been taking lansoprazole every day now for the past 3 years. It was first prescribed to me for extreamly bad heartburn, acid indigestion and reflux. From the first day i started to take lansoprazole it worked immedialtely and over all this time i have never had any problems with the original symptoms....

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Gillian1956 4

Zonton

Hi I'm taking zon ton fast tab it's basically lanz but in a tablet form you can swallow or just let melt in your mouth how would I reduce this I really want to come off this bed I've been on it for three years I still get problems but I'm fed up with taking this I've had very low vitamin D since I've...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lorray64454 2

Linx or Nissen surgery?

Hello I have heard success stories with both of these surgeries but I'm looking in to seeing if my insurance will cover the Linx surgery. I appreciate you all putting your stories out there for people like me to read. If I can have the Linx I am going to go ahead with it. If I can't and insurance does...

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • beebee12 3

Dry mouth

I was originally on Omeprazole but GP changed me to Lansoprazole,i am waking during the night nearly choking cause my mouth is so dry,i drink plenty of water,could this be the tablets doing this. I am also on sertraline and propranaol.

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • caroline50055 3

Has Lanzoprazole caused you increased anxiety and depression?

Hi - I have been on Lansoprazole for some months now and am convinced it has made me much more anxious and is also adding to my depression (I have anxiety and depression anyway but do think the Lanzoprazole is hindering any improvement and has made things worse). I have to be in it for a stomach issue...

• jubler 1

how long does lansoprazole take to work?

I have been taking lansoprazole for 10 weeks, 30mg a day,and still get some reflux and heartburn every day.Have given up coffee and reduced my wine intake. Side effects have been minimal. Some wind which I have stopped by not drinking with meals but worried about the osteoporosis risk. Dr says to...

• christine90956 1
  • Amber2016 2

After 2 years on lansoprazole how do I stop?

I have been on lansoprazole for gerd etc. for 2 years and now having read up on PPI's I want to come off the drug.  I got some HC acid supplement and 2 days ago I tried not taking lanso but taking one HC capsule with both my high protein meals - all seemed well until last night when I was extremely sick...

• Clem1956 1

Lansoprazol side effects

Have had acid reflux for over ten years. About three years ago i started sharting due to the Lansoprazol. Tried changing my diet drastically to stop taking drug but only ended up getting scooped due to throat irritation. Doctor said get back on Lansoprazol an stay there. Im sick an tired of soiling my...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • denis24888 1

Lansoprazole

I was prescribed this recently to take 15 mg per day which  I take on the morning but picked up the wrong packet and took another 15mg by mistake will that b ok

• sezza978 2

Lansoprazole and B12 supplements

Hi. I'm on lansoprazole twice a day. I have in the past suffered a few times with low b12. I know taking lansoprazole can lower b12. I've only been on lansoprazole for a few months and I think my b12 is low again. I get tingles in my feet and legs. I've Googled to see if you can take the supplements...

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.