Anyone else use their nappies/diapers for convenience?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello

I am a female with urge incontinence (bladder only). I wont make it to the bathroom if I have less than 2 or so minutes to do so. When I first started wearing pads/nappies, I only wore them in case of emergencies/accidents and tried to make it to the bathroom and never ever did "number 2" in them. 

But over the years I have become more confident and comfortable with wearing nappies. I often wear in the house, despite there being a toilet. Im very embarrassed about how lazy I have become. 

I was in walking in the countryside last week and there were no toilets in the area. My stomach started cramping and I knew I needed a poo. A couple of years ago I would have struggled home with a bad tummy ache. But I just did the (massive) poo in my nappy and got on with my walk. I changed when I got home but it felt much better that way. This isn't the first time I have had a poo in my nappy, it's sometimes just simpler and more comfy.

I rarely go to a loo if I need a wee these days. Im usually busy and will be bursting by the time I make it (if I do even make it on time). And if I don't make it on time I have just wasted my 5 minutes rushing to a loo when I could have relaxed and kept on doing what I was doing. I would rather keep on relaxing/watching a movie/looking in shops and wee in my nappy than rush about and get out of breath. It's there, so why not?

Is anyone else in the same boat or am I gross and unusual? Am I weird?

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Having had a solitary #2 accident in a nappy/diaper in public, I can tell you that it is singularly the most embarrassing and awkward thing I have experienced, and not only was I mortified, but the overwhelming urge to instantly clean up, shower and change was palpable. It was difficult to walk straight, impossible to sit down, and humiliating to a degree that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies. The only saving grace was that I was just 5 minutes from home.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Aww that sounds bad sad I have never had a bowel accident luckily, have just been lazy a few times. I wouldn't do it in a crowded or populated area though, but those kind of places tend to have toilets anyway. I have only ever had a #2 if I am not near a bathroom. Your experience sounds horrible and im sorry that had to happen. I would hate to poo myself in front of people, especially if I knew they knew. rolleyes

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Kerenza,

I'm in a similar boat to you. I need to wear at night but have been wearing during the day for the same reasons as you. During the day I would pee every hour so I just use my trusty Tena slips and plastic pants instead and am grateful for their convenience.

I did have a runny bum moment last year and the same thing happened. I was glad I was wearing as if I wasn't it would've been a nightmare!!!!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I give you credit because I just cant seem to let myself pee in the diapers.  I would drive reckless and push an old lady with a walker out of the way to get to a bathroom (not really but I would move swiftly past her :-)  I wonder when I will finally just "let it go" but so far 5 months in and I just cant :-( so you are not gross or weird at all...the anxiety this causes me is ridiculous to the point of severe depression.  I am at the end of a very short rope.  Id love to know how you can get yourself to just let go because it would be such a relief for me.  I end up getting so frustrated that I get so emotional....I am pjysically and emotionally exhausted :-(

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

How do you become so comfortable I have been wearing the pull up type for years for accidental leaks but have no control to go and sometimes issues going pee even on toliet
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up