serrapeptase suppliment for bartholin cysts

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

2 years ago I had a nightmare of a winter. It started a week before New Year's Eve, and I had never heard of bartholin cysts before. I saw my doc and she only advised me to take several sitz baths a day. But by New Years Eve, I admitted myself into the ER pleading to be cut open and babe it drained.

Over the course of three months, I had SIX more - twice it had switched sides, three more times it had abcessed. I went to the ER a second time, and the third one I simply endured until it burst after many baths and ten days.

When I felt yet another one coming back only weeks later on the other side, I was desperate. I had found this forum, and during my nightmare had tried tea tree oil, among many other home remedies. Sometimes I fought it back and they went away. But I was also taking a million baths and constantly using hot compresses. I work at home on my laptop, so when I say constant, I really mean it! But one post I saw was about a vitamin supplement called Serrapeptase. It was the only thing Ihhadn't tried. In researching it, it claims to treat all sorts of things, not mentioning cysts really, but is derived from the silk worm and supposedly binds to mucus and pus, helping to expel it or reabsorb it into the body.

I was willing to try anything at this stage. I couldn't find it in the vitamin shops, but I easily found it online. I didn't have much money, so I ordered the cheaper bottle, which isn't as potent - ten $ as opposed to the 50+$ I was seeing!!!

I got it a few days later, but I had been taking baths like crazy so I wasn't sure if it had worked really, but I fought that one off too.

Then for two blessed years, nothing. Now, they have started up again. This time I have a near full bottle still, so the first one I felt coming on, iIiimmediately took two pills, then several hours later, two more (away from food as directed on the bottle). They do not upset my stomach or seem to bother me in any way (and I am very sensitive to pills).

I wore loose clothing, but this time I took NO baths, and only did hot compresses at morning and night. When I was alone I did a washcloth with a bowl of hot water, which probably helps with cleanliness like baths do before and after it drains. But sometimes I just used a microwavable rice bag - Google how to make one FYI, they are really easy and help with cramps, back pain, and keep you warm if you happen to work in a chilly office lol!

And lo and behold, it went away! A few months later, it came back. I took the pills the same way. Only 4 a day, no sitting in the tub, hot compresses. Again, after two days it was shrinking, two more days this time I noticed actual drainage. Then, gone! A few months later - again! Same regimine. Same results.

I know I will need to see my doc, but I currently have no insurance to figure out why this keeps recurring. I would literally rather have herpes the rest of my life than this. At least it's treatable, every bit as embarrassing, more well known, and far less excruciating.

But as of right now, I can swear by this Serrapeptase. I should say one might use it straight away, as soon as you have symptoms. However I do believe if it has begun to abscess it would help it to burst quicker.

Tea tree oil, witch hazel, and all of the other silly poltice mixtures I believe are more of a ritual than anything. A good clean hot towel and bath do enough to try and help open the clogged gland and keep the area clean.

I cannot say clinically that this supplement worked for me, but its hard to believe with my record I just keep getting "lucky" using it. It's cheap. TRY IT. So far it has seemed to save me from sooo much misery!

Please feel free to post questions or your own experiences if you have used it.

Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oh! I should mention one more thing: I also totally cut out caffeine intake for the duration and didn't have sex or use tampons even for a several days after it was gone.

If you have sex, do a hot towel, bath, or shower right away. If you have to use lube, use a water based one rather than an oil based one.

And ANY doc will tell you caffeine and alcohol can bring on or aggravate cysts. I used to drink a TON of coffee and constantly would get small painful cysts in my breasts and neck. I don't anymore, and rarely drink coffee or soda now, but I stayed away completely when it was happening. I did continue to drink alcohol tho and it didn't seem to bother me. I drink red wine and microbeers so I cannot attest to cheap beer or liquor. Just a note.

• Posted

I used 800 mg ibuprofen , hot showers , Pamprin & midol , sit ups .. But j will try that if it happens again.. I did this from Sunday to Tuesday & it popped! 3 days !

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New Discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.