Skip to content
in this discussion +2 following
Liz2807 Liz2807

Blood patch after effects

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has been through something similar, I had a failed epidural in Sep 2015,they spiked my spine 5times which lead to a dual tap, I had a blood patch which didn't work, they then gave me another blood patch after about a 5days and it eased the headache but didn't fully take it away, with the days the headache subsided but since then I have had severe issues with my back. I fall alot, have balance issues, my back locks and goes into spasm which can leave me floor bound for days at a time, I've been like this for 2 years next month, I have 2 babies under 2 and have not been able to do as much as I'd of ideally liked to, I'm unable to work and my husband is now my carer. If anyone has been in a similar situation I'd appreciate to hear your story. Thanks

1 Replies

• danielle 13841 danielle 13841 Liz2807

Hi Liz, just came across your post. I've been having issues for nearly 4 years now. Although I didn't have an epidural however I've had a blood patch and had a horrendous experience. I was bed bound for nearly 2 weeks. I suffer seizures as well as numbness and tingling on my left side as well as horrendous headaches. The blood patch didn't work for me, I've just came back from hospital after having a lumbar puncture. I know it's so frustrating trying to get answers keep on at your neurologist 

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.