Skip to content
Ad

Fissure In Ano

Also known as Anal Fissure

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Child with Anal Fissure

I'm 13 years old and started  seeing symptoms of ann anal fissure such as bleeding, constipation, and difficulty defacating. Although I haven't had a physical test, my doctor said I should eat a more high fiber diet but nothing more. I have a low pain tolerance so I cry every time I feel...

Last reply
  • Advice about fissure treatment needed

Hello! So I have had an anal fissure now for 18 months. I have tried creams and nothing. I have been checked with a camera and it's definely just a fissure but it won't heal. My loacl hospital suggested botox but they have withdrawn the funding for this so they have referred me to another hospital....

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed...

Hello, I need your thoughts. Back in Jan/Feb. I had a health scare that turned out to be nothing and lost a family member suddenly. The stress was unreal and for the first time in my life I experienced constipation that would not abate. I did all the wrong things...insufficient water...straining. Had...

Last reply
  • organic coconut oil for anal fissures

i have suffered with piles for years, 21, to be exact.  My daughter was born and so were the piles.  i have pushed, strained, not eaten right, not drank enough water and so on, the whole rotten stinking mess!  Then last month i got this horrible pain in my rectum, like i was pooping nails....

Last reply
  • Anal leakage - (Help)

Hi there guys, Im living with this problem for 6 months or more. I have anal leakage, daily. I smoke, i eat fast food actually too much, cause im about all time in office. i have some stomach problems too, and one of them i think its gastritis. When i smoke or drink coffee (especially when i get them...

Last reply
  • Has anybody had a Sphincterotomy?

Hi All, I've been advised to 'seriously consider' a Sphincterotomy following Botox, which doesn’t seem to have worked. Although I'm booked in for a second round of Botox, my consultant advised me to have the 'risky' op The risk he says could result in incontinence and this is...

Last reply
  • HOW TO CURE ANAL FISSURE QUICKLY...

Hi Everyone - I can tell you how to cure Anal Fissure's quickly... Firstly, my experience was horrible just like everyone else. I have read that it can be more painful than childbirth! Mine started from an overly large bowel movement that ripped me in 3 places. The pain was so bad that i passed...

Last reply
  • Itchiness for the last couple of months

Hi bit embarrassing but I've been experiencing some itchiness in the area around my anus. It comes and goes but when it does come I can't help but scratch so much that little specks of blood appear on the toilet paper and occasionally it stings when I go to the bathroom. It is exceedingly irritating...

Last reply
  • I have had torn fissure for 3 years

hello I am 47 year old male this is my first time doing this sort of post ,it all started about 3 years ago when I used to go to do a pee it felt like the middle of my penis was very sore when peeing I went to lot of different doctors they said I had small spots of blood in my urine ,got all tests done...

Last reply
  • Can't Cope with this Anal Fissure

I got an anal fissure from hemorrhoid Banding. It is so so so painful. It's ruling my life and I can't function. I can't even sit for more than about 5 minutes. I'm having to take time off from work and can't be the mum I want to be to my three year old. It's ruined my life. ...

Last reply
  • ??

I had Botox in Sept 2016 I had been doing well with my pain. I keep my stool soft by drinking Miralax nightly. But...over the past two months I've been feeling discomfort after bms. Not the spasms but a weird discomfort that I can tame with hemmeroid wipes/cream. Not as bad as the fissure but still...

Last reply
  • sphincterotomy Surgery scheduled

I have my surgery scheduled for next Tuesday. can anyone tell me what to expect post op? Will I be in pain? Do they even prescribe medication after surgery? I'm so nervous after reading everyone's stories.

Last reply
  • Not a fissure after all!

So I had the botox injection back on the 15th June but I laso had some haemorroids banded as well. Coming round from the anaesthetic I was in excruciating pain and was pumped full of pain killers which only really took an edge off of things. I had to get on my feet as soon as possible as I knew that...

Last reply
  • Healing a Chronic Anal Fissure

I suffered with an anal fissure for almost 6 months. Having bowel movements was like passing shreds of glass & the pain was so bad for hours afterwards. I would wake up the next day dreading the next bowel movement. I actually thought it was piles & didnt know what it was until after about 8...

Last reply
  • Multiple "anal fissures" scared it could be something else

I'm 18 years old (female) and about 3 weeks ago I experienced one of the worst BM of my life it was so painful ans extremely hard and was accompanied by bleeding, the symptoms have occurred every time I've had a BM and since that time. During the past 3 weeks I went on holiday and experienced...

Last reply
  • I need serious help

I've been having period like cramp for some days but no period (I'm guessing because I'm on the Depo Shot) but I've been having the urge to poop and sometimes it's hard to poop but when I do it sometimes hurt and sometimes I bleed when I do. Someone help me I'm scared and crying...

Last reply
  • still not feeling comfort after lis surgery since 3 months

i suffered from anal fissure since the beginning of this year the drs didnt see the fissure except after 4 months had operation in mid of april healed and lis surgery and fissurectomy  went well after 4 weeks , since then i got some spasms took lyrica to heal that spasms cause  most probably...

Last reply
  • Fissure and Botox

I had my Botox April 21 I am in a much better place - I have had a roller coaster with this effing fissure ! I have had the spasms the pain the bleeding the re tearing u name it ! Right now I feel like I'm stuck in a cycle where I can do painless poops or it can re tear and burn deep and then it...

Last reply
  • Seriously depressed about anal fissure

Seriously am so depressed dealing with this the weight loss , the life change, the pain , the emotions I'm 8 days post Botox I've had so many panicking attacks my surgeon has had to contact me outside his usual hours I just feel like I'm forever doomed the Botox has worked...

Last reply
  • Anal Fissure fix

Ok. I had issues like all of you for a year and half. I followed some advice I got here and it helpped. I also did some things that some may not be doing. The goal is to let it heal without tearing it AT ALL. People say it takes a month or two to heal, mine took a whole 4 months. That means 4 month of...

Last reply
  • Anxiety over bleeding after passing stool

I am having major anxiety over bleeding after bowel movement. I have had a over active bowel since peri menopause and now in menopause it has settled down but over the years sometimes just a little bright red blood on toilet paper but six weeks ago I was freaked out when I went for a early morning www...

Last reply
  • Anal Fissure, Skin Tag and hemorrhoids, Botox? Help Please

Hi All, I have posted a few replies on here to discussions and thought Id write my own as really feel I need some help and advice, I am 25 female and have been suffering with hemorrhoids for years, 8 I think now, they resulted in a nasty skin tag and when I though it couldn't get worse, I have now...

Last reply
  • Should I do 2nd round of Botox?

I had Botox beginning of June. Was in extreme pain for 3 weeks after - the Botox seemed to irritate my sentinel pile so was worse pain than before the procedure. Started to get better very gradually. Thought I was on road to recovery then had a hard bm yesterday with a lot of blood. Hoping this won't...

Last reply
  • Day 4 into my botox recovery

So i had botox injections on Monday for chronic anal fissures (had tried all over treatments) to no avail. Nothing worked and the pain after BM was horrendous to the point i thought i was fainting, plus the blood loss was something else. Even not doing a BM i was in pain sitting was an effort. So cruel...

Last reply
  • lateral internal sphincterotomy…. boom!

Instead of getting in on existing conversation I have hopes that this post will get read more as a new topic.   I, just like anyone on this forum am a sufferer of chronic anal fissures.  Im a 30 year old otherwise super healthy and fit male.  Ive been suffering from fissures for 12 years....

Last reply
  • Anal fissure post Botox 7 weeks

So I had my post op visit today tomorrow marks exactly 7 weeks since the Botox I've had a roller coaster of a ride but the Botox had alllowed my fissure to start healing Today I revived Goodish news - the fissure is healing and only a smart part of it is still raw he said I'm about 95% healed...

Last reply
  • Just had Botox for my fissure

Has anyone had Botox injections for anal fissures? Just had procedure today. When should I start feeling relief? I'm in PAIN and am so tired of it! Been dealing with this for almost a year. Help!

Last reply
  • fissure after hemmoroid surgery

in dec 2016 I had hemmoroid surgery and a fissure was repaired that was caused by the banding that the doctor did on my first visit.  (never had a fissure before banding so be really careful if you agree to banding as a quick fix.  Live with the hemmoroids.  Anyway, the surgery was horrible...

Last reply
  • Heammoroids banding

So I had my surgery Thursday turned out botox had healed the fissure but I had large polyps removed and several internal and external piles banded.well I can honestly say this pain is something else it's horrendous please can anyway tell me how long this pain us going last I was told piles will fall...

Last reply
  • My experience with a chronic anal fissure

Hi all I thought that I would post this as a lot of people appear to be going through the same agony that I was going through for over a year. Anyway, I was at uni and going through a bad time in my life, whenever I get stressed my guts go into turmoil. As a result I was off uni for a week with severe...

Last reply
  • I hope this helps someone

I had a anal fissure that was giving me the blues. Here's what helped me. First praying to God to help me find something. Clean the area with witch hazel, put a few drops of olive oil(use more if you like)on your finger and put your finger in your rectum and roll it around so the olive oil will...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure , Botox update

Almost three months from Botox It has help drastically ! How ever although I belive my actual fissure has healed I still get burning right after I pass a stool and it will last a few minutes it feels like a sting/burn has anyone had this it's been like this since I saw my surgeon last two months...

Last reply
  • Holy Grail Cure, let me help you!

25, dealing with chronic anal fissures for 4 years now, have had lots of time to research and experiment with different way to deal with these horrible fissures.  These are the most scientific remedies I have found that will drastically help in healing yourself.  1.) Miralax (propylene glycol)-...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.