Skip to content

Fissure In Ano

Also known as Anal Fissure

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Does this sound like a fissure?

I'm female and sixteen years old if that makes a difference. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm not sure where else to post it. I'm just really worried.  This is pretty embarrassing, but I just passed a large (for me at least) bowel movement, and when I wiped there was blood....

Last reply
  • healing time after botox for anal fissure

Hi everyone! So I went in for the botox treatment for my anal fissure around 3 weeks ago, after trying every cream for the past year or so to no avail.  Since the treatment my pain is still there and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same treatment and was successful and how long...

Last reply
  • Healing a Chronic Anal Fissure

I suffered with an anal fissure for almost 6 months. Having bowel movements was like passing shreds of glass & the pain was so bad for hours afterwards. I would wake up the next day dreading the next bowel movement. I actually thought it was piles & didnt know what it was until after about 8...

Last reply
  • Pain management for anal fissure

Hi - I would love some advice about pain management for an anal fissure. I had mine diagnosed about three weeks ago, but have had it longer than that. I am currently using Rectogesic (externally - far to painful to try internally) and have started having linseens, a sachet of Fybogel a day, increasing...

Last reply
  • Just had Botox for my fissure

Has anyone had Botox injections for anal fissures? Just had procedure today. When should I start feeling relief? I'm in PAIN and am so tired of it! Been dealing with this for almost a year. Help!

Last reply
  • Healing Anal Fissures

Hi Everyone.. I started getting this terrible pain during BM in Dec17 as if I was passing glass during BM. At first I took it as Piles and started home remedies for same (I had already treated piles naturally at home before as well). For a week continued with it thinking it would get better, but...

Last reply
  • My experience with a chronic anal fissure

Hi all I thought that I would post this as a lot of people appear to be going through the same agony that I was going through for over a year. Anyway, I was at uni and going through a bad time in my life, whenever I get stressed my guts go into turmoil. As a result I was off uni for a week with severe...

Last reply
  • Botox for chronic 4 year old fissure

Hi so I've had my fissure on an off every 4 weeks for the last 4 years yesterday I had Botox and I feel no different not added pain no less pain it's still just painful while using the toilet so my question is does that mean it hasn't worked or when will the Botox kick in? Thanks

Last reply
  • My Chronic Anal Fissure Cure (4 days)

How I cured my anal fissure. Skip down to "What I Tried," to skip my back story. What I used/bought* ·        Bathroom trash bin (regular ol’ trash bin. I already had one). ·        A Sitz Bath (Specifically,...

Posted
  • A simple and effective way to heal your Anal fissure!

Guys, I've read tons of posts where people failed to heal their Anal Fissure inspite of trying everything, from a cream to a surgery.. Eventually, this things work slowly and often fails the healing.. While me trying everything that I've read on internet I failed to heal the Fissure. I was frustrated...

Last reply
  • I think I have an anal fissure and I am worried

A few months ago I started noticing blood on the toilet paper after defcating. This was preceded by a sharp pain in the anal area while defecating. It went away for a while but I am now experiencing pain and bleeding almost every time I use the toilet. Usually there is only a small amount of blood on...

Last reply
  • The 12 things I did to heal my anal fissure

I am a 41-year-old male living in the UK. My experience of anal fissures occurred in January of 2018. Indulgence over the Christmas period and a change of diet (less fibre and less water) led me to experience a very painful bowel movement (BM) and endure a few miserable weeks following it. Whilst I would...

Last reply
  • Sphincterotomy, Hemrrhoidectomy and Anal Skin tag removal

Hi! I'm hoping someone in here has been through a similar experience as I have been through and can give me some pointers on what to expect or what helped you. About a month ago, I got the Botox treatment for my Anal fissure. It was a painful recovery because I had problems with constipation but...

Last reply
  • Has anybody had a Sphincterotomy?

Hi All, I've been advised to 'seriously consider' a Sphincterotomy following Botox, which doesn’t seem to have worked. Although I'm booked in for a second round of Botox, my consultant advised me to have the 'risky' op The risk he says could result in incontinence and this is...

Last reply
  • Best way to apply oil ?

Very excited and hopeful as My Forces of Nature fissure control oil arrived today I have to apply 2/3 drops at a time and wondering how best to do this ....I used cotton wool earlier and it seemed to get absorbed in to the cotton wool before I managed to apply it to the fissure Any advice please???

Last reply
  • Can the pain be bad enough for me to not go to work?

For the past 2 weeks I’ve been experiencing pain during bowel movements which has seemed to just stay without easing off and has meant I can’t sit down properly because it hurts too much. However, over the past couple of days the pain has been become a lot worse every time I pass a BM, again the pain...

Last reply
  • How can i reduce the number of bowel movements on a day ?

Anyone else found that you poo more times in a day since having a fissure ? I have a high fibre plant based diet and am taking 2 Movicol a day to soften stools Since I've had the fissure ( 11 weeks ) my usual 2/3 times a day has significantly increased to a regular 3/ 4 times every morning ...

Last reply
  • Suffering from fistula in ano

I am suffering from fistula in another for more than a year. Met a colorectal surgeon told me I have to undergo a surgery. I am very much worried of surgery. Puss is coming out often. Please suggest me what to do

Last reply
  • How to heal Anal Fissures.

I've suffered with a fissure for the past two months or so. It got to the point where I couldn't do anything, but sit home. As a law student, this clearly affected not only my school experience and learning, but also my life outside of school. Therefore, I was determined to fix this problem. ...

Last reply
  • Botox this morning

After years of suffering from a large fissure I finally had the Botox procedure this morning. My doctor did the procedure with anesthesia .  He also removed a skin tag The lidocaine he used during surgery has worn off and I am extremely uncomfortable.. He gave me some pain meds but I’m scared to...

Last reply
  • Desperate: Anal fissure- BOTOX treatment

Good Afternoon everyone, I know there are a few posts about this topic already and believe me, I have read all of them. Most dating from 2010. Anyways, a little about me. The week my daughter was born, I had a large BM (I was taking blood pressure meds and Percocet from a c-section), both very constipating....

Last reply
  • anyone just live with it?

I'm 46 and have suffered from the symptoms of anal fissures since my late 30's so about 8 years!!!! it only really happened once or twice a year then healed straight away. Then last year in March I had a big BM and had quite a lot of blood on the TP and bowl, this has carried on for about 10...

Last reply
  • My experience w/ Sphincterotomy and hemorrhoidectomy

This forum provided me with a lot of information which I otherwise would have been hard to come by. I recently had my share of experience and hence it goes... I am a 43+ old male ; quite healthy; not over weight. Always watched out for what I ate and put in atleast 6-8 hours of work out every week,...

Last reply
  • Anal Fissures Healed!

I suffered for years from anal fissures. After trying over-the-counter medications, inserts, salves, and other read-about self-help attempts, I was able to heal them with a solution of my own. My success came with cleansing the tears with a betadine solution.    Now for the back story....

Last reply
  • Going for Fissurectomy tomorrow 4th of February

I have done the coconut oil, the olive oil, the sitz baths and so much more. These have been measures to manage pain, but they have not been cures... I have eaten well.... but sometimes even when the stool is as soft as water, the fissure will hurt and ruin an entire day. And so, fissurectomy it is......

Last reply
  • So fed up with my doctor

Hi has anyone had any trouble trying to get surgery on fissure ? I have had two lots of Botox which didn't work , have been prescribed prostraken that didn't work then he gave me a prescription for 4% topical diltiazem hydrochloride which I then couldn't get any pharmacist to give me as it...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure and haemorrhoids - pretty much healed. Please read.

OK, when things work, I think it's important to share them because so many of us are suffering and it's hard to feel optimistic. Quick recap of my story: 6 years, on and off haemorrhoid problem, bloated tummy, gas. Ugh. More recently (last three years) anal fissure. Painful, bleeding. Last year,...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure healing and the benefits of Water Fasting

First off: I've been suffering from an anal fissure for about 1.5 months and tried the usual : stool softeners, drinking lots of water, medication, ointments and warm baths. The results were very feeble to say the least. I decided then to go online and research alternate ways. I stumbled onto a post...

Last reply
  • Forces of nature fissure control

Anyone using the above and found it helps ? Looking. for relief from extreme burning and soreness caused by fissure which isn't healing despite botox injections almost 4 weeks ago

Last reply
  • fissure came back and skin tag

Hi, so I've posted here maybe about three or so months ago? Anyway back then I was diagnosed with anal fissure and my doctor told me to take more fiber, which I did but didnt really help so i decided to use the internet and found that having more fibers, drinking plenty of water and taking hot baths...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure or hemorrhoids?

So, I will make it as simple as possible. My stupid lifestyle slowed my metabolism a lot, which had a bad turn on me whenever I would have my stool which was most often not more than twice a week. You could imagine that would create an enormous stool that would be really hard to pass. After some of them...

Last reply
  • hemorrhoidectomy

hello everyone my name is Lenora I have been reading some of you guys results on your hemorrhoidectomy I am very sorry to hear the horrible outcome that you guys are having I'm in day 5 of my hemorrhoidectomy and I am doing wonderful I've been doing as the doctor told me I've been taking...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.