Skip to content

Fissure In Ano

Also known as Anal Fissure

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Anal bleeding

Does anyone here experience anal bleeding which last longer than 3 weeks? M really scared if it is sth serious.

Last reply
  • Please help

Monday I had a very hard and painful BM (it had been about 3 days since I had gone) and I’m pretty sure that I now have a fissure and a hemorrhoid. I have gone a couple of times since then but the pain is so intense that I end up yelling and crying. I have been taking stool softeners since Monday and...

Last reply
  • Chronic Anal fissure (early 20s)

Hello, I’ve been reading these boards since 2014 and never posted. Thank you for all th advice!. When my fissure started at 21 years old. I am now 24, two Botox surgeries later countless creams . I am still in the same horrific pain daily. I was hoping for some advice mainly from anyone, but ladies that...

Last reply
  • Fissure for 6 months, no pain though?

Hi everyone, I have read many posts on here about everyone's struggle with the curse that is an anal fissure. This is my first time posting but I thought I should because I have never read another person with a situation quite like mine... which is peculiar to say the least. A little background......

Last reply
  • Had advancement flap for fissure problem

Any one out there that had advancement flap operation for fissure problems I had mine one week ago in London hospital still in lots of pain taking pain killers three times a day but still in discomfort didn't not suffer pain before operation operation had all the others procedure done before without...

Posted
  • 4 days after lis surgery and terrified to have a bm

I had my surgery on friday and only passed two small drops of bm. I know i have to go but it hurts n its very tight down there. The stitches are excruciating n its hard to walk, sit or lay down. I dont see the light at the end of this tunnel. Im sorry i sound so negative. I think when i had the fisuures...

Last reply
  • Has anybody had a Sphincterotomy?

Hi All, I've been advised to 'seriously consider' a Sphincterotomy following Botox, which doesn’t seem to have worked. Although I'm booked in for a second round of Botox, my consultant advised me to have the 'risky' op The risk he says could result in incontinence and this is...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure

I can’t believe I am finally doing this but here it goes. I have been dealing with an anal fissure since Right are New Years. I have been to my primary Dr and given the nitroglycerin ointment and it helped with the pain but gave a wicked headache. I am done using that now and saw a general surgeon a...

Last reply
  • Seriously depressed about anal fissure

Seriously am so depressed dealing with this the weight loss , the life change, the pain , the emotions I'm 8 days post Botox I've had so many panicking attacks my surgeon has had to contact me outside his usual hours I just feel like I'm forever doomed the Botox has worked...

Last reply
  • healing time after botox for anal fissure

Hi everyone! So I went in for the botox treatment for my anal fissure around 3 weeks ago, after trying every cream for the past year or so to no avail.  Since the treatment my pain is still there and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same treatment and was successful and how long...

Last reply
  • 4 weeks post fistulotomy- new abscess?

Hello all, hoping someone has some experience with what I am going through and can share their thoughts.  Here are the details: I have had issues with a perianal abscess since 2012. Mostly just having my colon/rectal surgeon drain it. This past March, it finally connected into my anus and became...

Posted
  • Anyone with a chronic fissure had experience of a colonoscopy

Unsuccessful botox on 29th December 2017 . Fissure not healing although pain not as horrendous as at onset. Adverse reaction to botox and still incontinent. Been referred to gastroenterologist because of changes to bowel habits which started at same time as fissure Min 4 bms every morning....taking...

Last reply
  • Pls help

Hello dear helpers I will like know how effective are painkiller suppository on anal fissure cos any painkiller taken by mouth don't have any effect.

Last reply
  • Successfully treating a chronic fissure.

About 2 years ago I started seeing blood in my poop. No pain, just blood. This worried me but I didn't go to the doctor. Fast forward one year and I'm having some pain with bm, still lots of blood. Now at 1 1/2 years, it felt like I was s**tting glass, I was scared to go, even more scared of...

Posted
  • Anal fissure since 3 weeks and healing

I have been having fissure since 3 weeks and started treatment since 2 weeks. The pain during bowel movement has stopped but there is a akin tag still persistent and sometimes cause itching and there is no bleeding as well. But I'm worried about the itching and skin tag. Any suggestions?

Posted
  • Desperate: Anal fissure- BOTOX treatment

Good Afternoon everyone, I know there are a few posts about this topic already and believe me, I have read all of them. Most dating from 2010. Anyways, a little about me. The week my daughter was born, I had a large BM (I was taking blood pressure meds and Percocet from a c-section), both very constipating....

Last reply
  • hemorrhoids, Fissure? Getting a bit scared, can anyone help?

I'm a 50 year old male, fit, active, in good shape and I've been suffering with hemorrhoids for about 4 weeks. However in the last 10 days or so I've been suffering the most debilitating and excruciating pain, it's ruling my life, I can't work, can't make arrangements to see people...

Last reply
  • Small bump on anus

Hi , about a week ago I noticed a small bump on the anus I was trying to figure out what it could be . It's about the size of a pea maybe a little smaller it doesn't hurt but anus feels a little funny I did have a hard stool about a week and a half ago I was wondering if it's just a blood...

Last reply
  • Open hemorrhoidectomy 14 weeks ago and still bleeding after bm

In the last 2 years I've had 4 lots of surgery on my hemorrhoids, which include excision, banding, THD, more excisions and the last one in January was an open hemorrhoidectomy which has left 2 open wounds, at 7 o'clock and 11 o'clock. I saw my consultant just over 3 weeks ago, he said the...

Last reply
  • Seriously depressed after today...

Just need to have a bit of an offload and rant... After 8 years of putting up with fissure pain (sometimes horrendous, sometimes sort of manageable, but never pain free), I was finally scheduled for LIS surgery today following two failed Botox attempts. I was admitted to hospital, put under general...

Last reply
  • Still incontinent over 3 months after botox

Anyone here who ended up incontinent after botox find it took longer than 3 months for the botox to wear off ? I had botox on 29th December 2017 and the surgeon confidently told me it would wear off after 2/3 months and continence would be restored . I am still incontinent with no control at all and...

Last reply
  • Dealing with a fistula.

Hi, hoping to connect with people about issues with fistula please?  Had an abscess some months ago which required emergency surgery, and then developed a fistula.  Really struggling to understand how these things develop - is it poor self-care?  poor nursing? poor surgery, or unavoidable? Now...

Posted
  • Trombosed Hemorrhoids, Herpes, Hypertrophic Papillae, itchy anus... ?

Hi! I just discovered this forum and I decided to go for it. I’ve been experiencing some itchiness in my anus and I took some photos. I tried to google some photos to see if I could find something similar and I was horrified... Anyway, recently I’ve been having some itchiness (excessive use of tissues?)....

Last reply
  • Healing a Chronic Anal Fissure

I suffered with an anal fissure for almost 6 months. Having bowel movements was like passing shreds of glass & the pain was so bad for hours afterwards. I would wake up the next day dreading the next bowel movement. I actually thought it was piles & didnt know what it was until after about 8...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure with pain/bleeding but without spasms

I have had an anal fissure for 6 months now. I read so many posts from people reporting spasms for hours after a bowel movement. I do not get the spasms. I do suffer extreme pain (feels like passing rocks or glass) when having a movement, but the pain goes away immediately. I also have bright red bleeding...

Last reply
  • Panicking

Hi. I am unsure what I have right now, I feel like its an anal fissure but I dont know for sure. I thought I would join here and be as detailed as possible for some help. The main cause of concern is that its not painful so that seems very abnormal for a fissure. I am a 26 year old male. I used a camera...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.