I have HIV but tested negative at 6 weeks

Posted , 46 users are following.

So this is what's happening to me. I had unprotected sex with a Filipino TS girl living in london (idiot I know). I went to the clinic after 1 week with bad anal discomfort. They did a full test, and I came back with gonnorea and clamidiya (anal). Hiv was negative.

I then had a short flu, and was in bed for a day. Went to clinic and they gave me treatment for the sti's and another hiv test with viral load. Which came back negative.

I then began to have sweats, loss of appetite, oral thrush, swollen lymph nodes in groin and neck, heart palpitations, feeling like death basically.

Went back to clinic, at 4 weeks and tested again knowing it would come back positive. It was negative.

Over the next two weeks, I've had really bad headaches, swollen glands and aches in body, oral thrush, and sometimes night sweats.

So I tested again at 6 weeks. Again it was negative. (All tests were 4th gen duo Elisa).

I'm now in week 7 and going aches, headaches are less bad, and aches are going.

Will I finally show positive now?

This has been a total nightmare. I just need closure and to get on with whatever is left of my life.

Ps: I went doctors for a general blood test at 5 weeks, and they were all normal / clear.

I know this is hiv but why can't they find it? I thought the tests were accurate. I've been systematically testing. I'm suffering with really bad anxiety with all this now.

4 likes, 306 replies

306 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My question is if you haven't had a positive HIV result then why are you so adamant about having it? Have you knowingly slept with someone with it? Or am I reading wrong?

Report Reply
    • Posted

She said she's negative and never had an STI in her life. But I caught clamidiya and gonnorea. And now all this is happening. I think she was lying and tricked me.

Report Reply
    • Posted

I have had unprotected exposure since the 18th of August, 2018 ... felt well then till in december, 2018 my tongue started burning and the sides of it would get red blisters like... i got scared and went on google saw hiv and started searching symptoms since i had recalled i had an exposure like 4months ago. Since then i kept searching the net day and night and kept checking my body for signs. Feeling for swollen lymph nodes. In January 2019 i went to doctor did blood work he said the white blood cells were high due to infection and he also.had noticed inflammatio .so.i asked for an hiv test. They did it hiv rapid test and it was negative thats 5months after exposure. I felt relaxed until i went on back google and saw window period and got more stressed. Pain all over my body. I did xtrays and ultrasounds and urine and stool all came back good. Then i went to a testing clinic did another test at 6month mark negative social worker says i am okay because window period is 3months and 6months is outdated. Next day worried me went back because i experienced sweating in the nigght did another test negative. I still dont know how to believe my results . Did another antibody test at 7months last week negative. Doctor says im totally fine and he wouldnt offer no more test. But why do i find it so hard to believe i have never expeeienced a problem with my tongue before so im worried they say could be vitamin defieciency or lack of water. But because i know i had an exposure i keep on holding on i have hiv. I can barely sleep or eat just losing my self completly. Feeling suicidal. Can someone please give me some advise...

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi christine82438

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

Report Reply
  • Posted

If all your test are negative what makes you so sure that you are HIV positive?
    Report Reply
    • Posted

I've never felt a virus like this before. My doctor has confirmed that I have a virus.

And the timescales fit in with when I slept with this girl and seroconversion.

Im slowly getting better. So maybe testing at 8 weeks will show antibodies?

Report Reply
    • Posted

Alot of times the mind can play tricks on you especially when you already have this set in your head! I'm sure stress is also a contributing factor as well! If all your results has been negative take it as that and thank the Lord above! We all make mistakes and we learn and grow from them! Don't drive yourself nutts about it! Continue to enjoy life and makes wiser choices next time! None of us are perfect! I hope you feel better soon!

Report Reply
    • Posted

I'm trying to enjoy life. Whatever is happening to me, I need to be strong and enjoy living. The smaller things in life.

I will find out what happens to me in 3 weeks when it will be 9 weeks. Then I can start rebuilding my life.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Sounds good!! I pray that all goes well in which I believe it will! Life is short so it's definitely time for you to get back into the swing of things!!LIFE GOES ON!!

Report Reply
  • Posted

For your peace of mind, do another test at 8 weeks. If it's negative, then believe it. You're putting yourself under too much stress and anxiety - I did this to myself as well, went and got tested and was absolutely fine. Symptoms disappeared... it was all in my head!

Report Reply
    • Posted

These symptoms are not in my head unfortunately. I've been really sick. Headaches, white tounge and loads of ulcers, pain all over my body from lymph nodes. I was getting tests thinking it would show, and it hasn't yet.

It's never-ending at the moment. But I'm feeling better today. I think I've seroconverted, so maybe now a test will show it at 8 weeks.

Im just scared now of facing the music 😪

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi Antony,

You are not alone. there are thousands of people out there with negative results and suffering like you. Unfortunately there is no diagnosis & solution yet.  Look for "unknown std free forums" in web you will the find the right group of forum progressing on the diagnosis.

One more thing you are contagious with saliva, sweat & std's, beware if you are living with family.

Report Reply
    • Posted

ashyam, I totally agree with you. I had a blood exposure and about 10 days after I developed symptoms that I have never felt before. This illness spread through my whole house all my children. It has been 1 year and we are just starting to feel better.

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up