Bad Feelings after starting JOH Regimen

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

its 3rd day today since i started joh regimen, i am feeling some sort of different symptoms today, just asking if anybody has had similar feelings, things are not spinning but if i move my head quickly, i feel that spinning head feeling, i never had this type of feeling before, no ear fullness today but wife has to speak little louder so i can hear. little bit nausea as well.

i will definitely continue with joh but just asking you to share if you had different feelings.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The advice from John in 2014 update was to gradually introduce each part of the regimen starting with Lysine as the most important. Maybe try this approach...

Report Reply
  • Posted

The John of Ohio regimen june 2014 PDF, has very detailed suggestions. Take the time to print a hard copy and read it line by line. I have read it more than once and keep a copy on my desk to review it from time to time. It works if you work it correctly. As someone posted earlier, introducing one component at a time maybe a better fit for you. It says this in the PDF. I take the full regimen and I feel much, much better and zero side effects.

Good luck my friend, the regimen can take up to 6 months before you feel better, give it time to work....

Report Reply
  • Posted

Hi....I have had this "wonderful" disease for 2 yrs now and I am 73 yrs young. I have been using the John of Ohio regimen for about a year now and for most part have been able to lead a reasonably normal life. Must remember; it is not a cure. There will be one some day. I still have a very mild dizziness, more like a light headedness , but no spinning. Had a bad vertigo 1 1/2 years ago and none since. My expectations of JOH is that I will never feel like before MD, but that the frequencies and intensities of those most purplexing symptoms will be much reduced, and for me, they are. And yes, the components of the JOH need to be introduced gradually, especially the vinpocetine. Work gradually up to the full dose gradually because that one alone can produce some unwanted symptoms. I have researched another herbal called pycnogenol that is derived from a specie of a French pine tree. I have read 4 medical studies that have really demonstrated the effectiveness of this on the microcirculation within the inner ear. They actually measured the blood flow velocity in the inner ear and measured significant blood flow increase with 150 mg/day of pycnogenol (divided dose 3x/ day). It's thought that most of the problem with MD is the reduced blood flow in the very tiny blood vessels of the inner ear caused by viruses (a herpes family they think) that have caused injury to the vessesls. Anyway, enough of the technobabble (I am a retired registered nurse). I am using pynogenol right now along with all the other components and like I said, have been leading a pretty "normal" life so far. Don't despair or give up. I takes a while with this regimen.

Report Reply
  • Posted

I added each component weekly having not noticed any side effects. Is pycogenol available over the counter?

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up