Skip to content
Ad

Meningitis and Encephalitis

Also known as Encephalitis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • VM and recovery

I was diagnosed with VM 8weeks ago, and hospitalised for 10 days, the strain was herpes/shingles virus, IV drips for whole 10 days and then a course of oral tablets for 2 weeks. After 4 weeks I returned to work on reduced hours, however after 3 weeks I was re-admitted to hospital with the same symptoms...

Last reply
  • Relative diagnosed with encephalitis, worried please help!

Hi, Recently a relative of mine was diagnosed with Encephalitis and I do not know much about the disease so was wondering if someone who has experienced this themselves or know someone who has, could help me with a few worries I have. Firstly the common signs and symptoms of confusion, memory loss,...

Last reply
  • Encephalitis — An Epidemic That Claims Many Lives

Hi friends! Nowadays many of people are suffering from Encephalitis. Basically, it is a high-risk condition that causes brain inflammation and nowadays it is spreading widely. Sometimes it may have referred as Japanese Encephalitis and it may spread through mosquitoes and other insects. So, it is time...

Posted
  • Mollaret's meningitis

After my third bout of VM in seven years, it has been confirmed that I have Mollaret's meningitis. It's been just shy of three weeks since my release from hospital. I went straight back to work as the hospitalist and infectious disease doc who treated me during my stay acted as if this was no...

Posted
  • 2 weeks of unbearable stiff neck, stiff jaw, horrible headaches

I have gone over two weeks with constant terrible stiffness in my neck and jaw. Horrible headache that never goes away (tried fioricet but didn't help at all) I have also begun having problems with my eyes. I am seeing black spots once in a while. Also my jaw and neck are constantly stiff and my...

Posted
  • meingoencepliatis

7 years old female Finding Evaluation at the level of temporal and posterior fossa is slightly limited due to motion artifact. cerebral Parenchyma : the left cerebral hemisphere appears smaller in volume. Enchepalomalacia is noted involving the left temporoparietal region, with ex- vacuo dilatation...

Posted
  • hot flushes

Hot flushes, oh my god, there soooo bad at the moment, it's like sumone sets my blood alight to boiling point, after a minute turns it off.the last fortnight there awful especially at night so not getting much sleep !! any of u lovely ladies taking anything that helps, I've heard an read that...

Last reply
  • Recovery Time

I was hospitalized about a month ago because of meningitis. I was hospitalized for about 9 days. But since then i have to go through a lot of test, such as EEG, receive treatment on monthly basis, and to fully recovered, the doctor said it will take about 2-3 years. Why it have to be that long to be...

Last reply
  • Meningitis

What were your first signs and symptoms with meningitis? Can it clear up on its own?

Last reply
  • Viral Meningitis and Constant Headaches?

Hello, Over a week ago I went to A&E with severe nausea, headache, back pain etc. I was crying in pain and with worry. I have had headaches previous to this for 6 months or so with my GP putting it down to sinusitis. (its not because CT scan was ok) In A&E after several blood tests etc the...

Last reply
  • My story

I'm female, 18, never been seriously ill before in my life The week it happened I had a really bad cold. And on the Friday of that week I woke up feeling incredibly achey and just thought it was flu symptoms. I spent the whole day laid on the sofa and in the evening my mum noticed some red dots...

Last reply
  • I was told I had viral mengantis and encephalitis

Hi I'm 12 yrs old and I had the scare of life time I had a headace off and on for a couple of days my mom said she would take me to dr but it went away and come back so we never made it untill couple of weeks ago I had one really bad and my mom was really worried so she Told me she take me the next...

Posted
  • Terrified of meningitis

Okay so i have real bad health anxiety, A couple days a go i learned a boy in our community had died, (possible men, possible brain hemmirhage) And now im utterly terrified i have meningitis My anxiett plays many tricks on me, and i end up getting dpdr I have basically no symptoms but im terrified...

Posted
  • meningitis and speech problems

I had meningitis ten and a half years ago. I was left with a serious speech impairment. Just wondered if there was anyone out there who had been, or was going through something similar. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Last reply
  • Mollarets Meningitis

I first had viral meningitis approx 15 years ago where upon three seperate doctors on home visits in three consecutive days dimissed it as merely a viral infection. I subsequently ended up in hospitial for approx 6 days extremely unwell,as after the spinal tap which due to the excessive pressure sprayed...

Last reply
  • Listeria Meningitis - My husband a normal, healthy 39 ye...

Listeria Meningitis - My husband a normal, healthy 39 year old suffered Listeria Meningitis. My husband does not smoke, drink alcohol or take any drugs (drug abuse)and the Aids test was negative. The Symptoms were namely high fever, severe headaches, vomiting and neck stiffness. He visited his Gp who...

Last reply
  • Recovery Questions

I had meningitis and encephalitis back in Feb of this year. While I'm close to feeling like my old self again, I cannot get rid of sore and cramping legs mainly at night. I do have pain mess if I need them but it's just annoying. Anybody else have this? Did it go away? What helps?

Posted
  • Emotional distress after meningitis.

Hello. I am a 37 year old male who had meningitis as a baby which has, I believe, seriously affected my emotions. My heart feels like it is breaking every day. I have consistent, powerfully intense emotions and deep, DEEP feelings of longing / sadness all the time. I have tried many anti depressants...

Last reply
  • Have i got meningitis? Please help!

I have had anxiety, particularly health anxiety for about 2 years now. I always convince myself that i am dying or have a terminal illness. Now i think i have meningitis.  I became alarmed when i noticed a pin prick bumpy rash all over both of my arms a few hours ago. I done the glass test and...

Posted
  • Have I got meningitis? Please help!!

Hi, I'm 14 years old and have had anxiety, particularly health anxiety for about 2 years now. I always convince myself that I have a life threatening or terminal illness and now I think I have meningitis. I became alarmed when I noticed a pin prick bumpy rash on both of my arms all over a few hours...

Posted
  • War War

Frisium reduction schedule

I have been on 30 mg of Frisium 10 mg (10 mg taken after lunch and 20 mg before bedtime) as a part of treatment for encephalitis. It has been 6 years now. Without consulting the doctor I started reducing the dosage very gradually and came down to 20 mg. The seizure frequency started increasing....

Posted
  • Encephalitis

My brother has been diagnosed with Encephalitis. He is 85 and has been in a coma and non-reactive since Oct. 2, 2015. His children have decided to remove him from life support this coming Friday. He does not breath properly without the ventellator.  I understand that the recovery period could be...

Last reply
  • Advise during this worrying time please

Hello everyone  Let me start off by saying I admire everyone suffering from Myalgic Encephalomyelitis as I have read what an awful disease it is. I'm looking for some sound advice before I make my way back to the doctors next week.  13 weeks ago I tested positive for an h pylori...

Last reply
  • Jacqueline's story. Jacqueline is now a happy, normal 7...

Jacqueline's story. Jacqueline is now a happy, normal 7 year old. At the age of 21 months she contracted meningo-encephalitis and was very ill. The symptoms were like a cold, and then she got weaker and weaker, and wouldn't drink. I took her to a doctor who tested for bacterial meningitis...

Last reply
  • loss of grandaughter to meningitis

I don't know if this is were i should be putting this but in september 2002 We lost my granddaughter 2 years 11 months to meningicocal septisemia. She was on holiday in cyprus with her mummy and daddy enjoying her self. i spoke to her on the 11th of sep she was full of life her last words to me were...

Last reply
  • Meningitis

hi every one my Girl friend had Meningitis the she admited in hospital a night before we was kissing each other etc she was complaiting that she have strong headche etc. she was admited in hospital for 2 nights and they discover that she have Meningitis.. now my question is that is i need to do...

Last reply
  • Life after meningitis

in September 2014 I was admitted to hospital and diagnosed with viral meningitis and dental sepsis . I was very ill . I recovered enough to go home after 2 weeks. But now 7 months later I seem to get every cold , sore throat, chest infection going, and it's been like this since I was discharged....

Posted
  • Life Affects of Meningitis

Althoug I work in a Children's hospital the affects of Meningitis hit very close to home this morning. I received a phone call advising me that a very dear friend of my sister and I for over 15 years was on life support. His mother said he had been complaining of headaches and went to the doctors...

Last reply
  • HI MY NAME IS VICTORIA AND I'M 32 YEARS OLD. ON THE 9TH...

HI MY NAME IS VICTORIA AND I'M 32 YEARS OLD. ON THE 9TH FEB 2006 I CAME DOWN WITH MENINGOCOCCAL SEPTICAEMIA THIS WAS 16 DAYS AFTER GIVING BIRTH TO MY SECOND CHILD. LUCKILY FOR BOTH CHILDREN AND HUSBAND NO ONE ELSE CAME DOWN WITH IT. I WENT TO HOSPITAL HAD A CT SCAN AND SPINE TAP TO SEE WHAT WAS...

Last reply
  • japanese encephalitis

my son caught this last year when travelling in Thailand. He ended up in hospital in Hong Kong. fortunately it was mild and on discharge we were told this might affect the administration of live vaccine in future. He needs a yellow fever vaccination - I have asked GPs and no one seems to know anything...

Posted
  • could this have caused my meningitis?

Ok, bit of back story (oh and hi!!! Newbie here) 5 weeks prior to being struck by this illness I had a tooth taken out. It was a difficult extraction and took nearly 40 mins to complete. I then suffered from dry socket and was treated on 3 different occasions with antibiotics for infection. I started...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.