I have got some serious head problems! Please reply anyone. I need help.. 😥😥😥

Posted , 5 users are following.

cry So, I just turned 18. But I have had a problem since my high school days. From standard 9, I have been suffering from dandruff problem. As this is very common in people, I thought I have just the same kinda dandruff problem. But this continued. Then in standard 10 a large amount of flakes began to fall off? everyday. Then I went to a doctor and he recommended some shampoo bla bla.. (I don't remember which one). I followed his advice. But nothing seemed to change. The flakes continued to fall. Let me tell you something. I could feel the flakes stuck around my head within 4-5 hours after through shampooing. And then, everything as before! Soon after then, my hair got softer (I could feel this as even some mild air messed up my hair style and don't even ask about the windy afternoons and evenings. I felt as if my hair is just any paper which got messed up in a glance ...) Then it all have continued till now. I must admit one thing. I have been pulling off those flakes forcefully which got created. And I had been doing the same almost every second day till now. Yes, I have used coconut oil a lot. But it seemed to further worsen the dandruff problem. Still I have used it to make my hair at least stay in shape. And yes I gave been very rough with pulling off those flakes on my head. I have even used comb to do so a lot of times. I even have pulled off some hair in the course of doing so. From a month or two, I started to feel super irritating severely itchy scalp. When I would go out for coaching/ college. The head should start itching severely. So much that I had to get off cycle and rub it! This morning, it went to somewhat unbearable level. I though as if someone is stiching my head. Just after that, I went to barber and cut off it all! But then, I see something I never dreamt of! The white layer all over my head. And terrible scars in between them have frightened me! I can't find out what it is actually! Dandruff or sth else? What should I do further? Are the scars there because I aggressively pulled off those sticky flakes off my head using nail? What about those white layer?

Yes, there is another thing. I can't feel the small hair around my head upon touching. As you can see I have a little hair is left atop. And there are a lot of scars around that. When I touch that part, I don't feel hair, I feel something smooth as butter instead! Yes hair can be seen on that part. But it feels like smooth butter upon touching!

Please anybody! I am in deep trouble! Please see the picture clearly and reply... Please...

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

With your symptoms & scarring with tender areas, I would advise for you to see a dermatologist to get a proper diagnosis & treatment routine. 

Also,  consider stopping the coconut oil, which is also used as a drawing salve to  pull impurities in the skin to the top of the skin. You may have been making it worse by using the coconut oil.

Let us know what your Doctor says.

Report Reply
    • Posted

How badly have I been waiting for a reply! Thanks a lot for the reply. biggrin Yes, you guessed it right man!  I I have been using coconut oil every second day. And that's because of my friends' advice. How silly! I had been to a homoeopathic doctor who gave me some liquid medicines and warned me not to use any kind of oil or shampoo. He instead advised me to use 'Dettol' or 'Lifebuoy' shops in case the scalp gets dirty. Following your advice, I will go to a dermatologist as soon as the medicine finishes. But magically, the itching is 75% gone and the scars have been reduced by 40-45 %. Here the picture of my head after 10 days...

(P.S. please zoom in the pictures to see the scars.) I have got another question. Please answer. Why hasn't my crown hair grown with the same pace as all other parts of my head? You can see in that picture.. 

Report Reply
  • Posted

Kindly immediately see a Doctor as the problem is quite serious. Hair loss and head problems are inter-related so getting a consultation from a hair restoration expert is effective. 
    Report Reply
  • Posted

Go for a hair transplant surgery as soon as possible. It has not any other solution. You need to go for a hair restoration or transplantation surgery. 
    Report Reply
    • Posted

HI. Thanks for replying. Actually I was wrong about the hairfall part. I was being just too aggressive with my scalp and the hair used to fall off during that.

It's been over a year and my hair is alright. Shortly after I posted this, I decided fix this mess on my own.

I did only these basic things:

1. Stopped touching my scalp with dirty/unwashed hands.

2. Comed my hair on daily basis. This might sound weird but not combing hair regularly is very dangerous. The excessive sebum produced in the scalp must not be let gather around. 

3. Used coconut oil wisely. Instead of massaging oil every single day, I used it twice-thrice a week in limited amounts precisely on my scalp.

4. Stopped shampooing too frequently!

5. Completely stopped fast food consumption. 

So that's how I treated my hair problem. I have long, healthy, thick hair now. Haven't reached out any doctor since then. No surgery required.

I am 18+ now. I usually notice 2-3 hair fall off a day (Many days, I don't notice even 1). But hey, that's completely fine! All humans shed at least 50 hairs a day.

Have a good day. biggrin

Report Reply
  • Posted

There are so many suggestion coming from this forum regarding your problems. But I suggest you to just consult with a best dermatologist in your city. We gave our opinion according to our past experience, But I don't think to suit to your hair problems. So just go and examine it from a dermatologist before it's going to worse. 

Report Reply
    • Posted

HI. Thanks for replying. Actually I was wrong about the hairfall part. I was being just too aggressive with my scalp and the hair used to fall off during that.

It's been over a year and my hair is perfectly fine. Shortly after I posted this, I decided fix this mess on my own.

I did only these basic things:

1. Stopped touching my scalp with dirty/unwashed hands.

2. Comed my hair on daily basis. This might sound weird but not combing hair regularly is very dangerous. The excessive sebum produced in the scalp must not be let gather around. 

3. Used coconut oil wisely. Instead of massaging oil every single day, I used it twice-thrice a week in limited amounts precisely on my scalp.

4. Stopped shampooing too frequently! (Once every 10-12 days now)

5. Completely stopped fast food consumption. 

So that's how I treated my hair problem. I currently have long, healthy, thick hair. Haven't reached out any doctor since then.

I am 18+ (18 years & 6 months to be precise) now. I usually notice 2-3 hairs fall off a day (Many days, I don't notice even 1). But hey, that's completely fine! Every humans humans shed at least 25 hairs a day.

Have a good day. biggrin

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up