Skip to content
in this discussion +4 following Follow this discussion

Just wondering if you have tried this

Would really appreciate hearing from you folks...posts are so encouraging to read.

I had IBS years ago...but the diarrhea kind...no problems or pain...just a pesky nuisance...then things changed...

I 'suddenly' have switched to constipation and its extremely difficult for me to pass hard stools. Sometimes Milk of Mag works...Please excuse the graphics but often I have to 'dig' things out to start getting anywhere... Dr said "take Miralax" but even though he found it hard to believe, the stuff made me feel sick!

I used to have luck with Cascara Sagrada capsules, but not lately.

I was wondering if any of you have had a success with Stool Softeners??

I know I don't ALWAYS drink enough water every day, but I usually do...

Just wondering about any of you using stool softeners...how many, how often, and do they work??

Thanks, everyone!

Betty

Report this

1 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.