Optimum Health Clinic

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I came across this website online claiming to offer various programmes for chronic fatigue and talks about links to thyroid and the endocrine system. I just wondered if anyone had tried it and whether they had any joy with it? I'm always sceptical about companies charging fairly hefty sums of money with lots of claims to cure symptoms but equally I would like to exhaust all options where possible. Thanks in advance

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you google reviews on the clinic you'll come across quite a lot to read about it. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi sabrina I did but not sure whether they were genuine reviews and was curious to see if anyone with thyroid problems found them helpful
    • Posted

I saw quite a few different forums discuss it so I didn't think they were fake. Of course they could be, but it didn't look like it.

Chronic fatigue is most definitely connected to the thyroid so at the very least getting a thorough panel tested would be a start without spending money on the clinic. They also give you a free consultation so I would say you have nothing to lose to see what they are 'selling'.

• Posted

Is it the one located in Southern California? If so I can tell you a little about it. Pm me the link.
    • Posted

I did a search and found a website for a location in London. Is this the one?  Looking through the site, I was turned off because they didn't  really say what sort of therapies they offered. I find this to be a red flag. In addition, if you'd like to get a "free" chat, you have to give all your contact info. In the info, they also ask what sort of psychological treatment you've had. So the psychological angle is a real turnoff.

• Posted

Hi Catherine yes it's the one in London and I thought exactly the same. I appreciate the stress and adrenal impacts of fatigue but I didn't really buy into it. And like you say there wasn't much detail on it either. I messaged them explaining my situation and that I had tried a lot of the elements they talk about in their program and they still seemed to think they could help and offered me the free initial chat. I am curious but I think it would be more cost effective to hire my own private doctor probably

!

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up