Pelvic pain/cramping for a year?

Edited , 2 users are following.

Hi! I've been having slight pelvic pain for a bout a year now. I noticed it was weird that i was still cramping after my period. They arent as bad as period cramps but they come and go. i do notice that after sex or masturbation, they get much worse. They also get worse with stress and I have horrible anxiety. I took an at home STD test and tested negative for HIV, Syphilis, Chlamydia, HSV2, Gonnorhea, HCV & trich. But i was having foul discharge and through telemedicine, I got treated for BV. So I dont think the cramping has to do with an infection, because wouldnt it have went away after being treated? What else could it be? Im really confused and the cramping causes more anxiety which I feel like causes more cramping! Any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

If the pains are mainly mid way between periods they may be ovulation pains, which can be very cramp like for some women but if they are more continuous you need checking for endometriosis.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Edited

hi, thank you for your input!! i do get fairly heavy periods where i leak through. I was thinking it could be endo but the cramping has just started over the past year, could it just come out of no where? ive always had bad periods but never had cramping throughout my whole cycle or cramped without a period. the cramps arent as intense as period cramps but they are uncomfortable. i also have swelling on my left labia which im not sure is connected to this situation. im almost 100% i had a LEFT infected bartholin cyst that drained a few times this year. But i never went to the gyno for it. could a deeper infection from that cause cramping or more likely the swelling thats still occuring? Because ever since the swollen cyst, my left labia swells up so easily after being touched & its been months. Sorry i know this is a lot i would just like some more input or ideas. thank you xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i also have swelling only on my left labia. i have no idea whats going on or if thats connected to the cramps. Pls help.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dont know how old you are but heavy periods and cramping in general could be fibroids as well. You need to see your gyno or doctor

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Anna ,as you are only 19 this may be something that can be sorted out with hormonal medication or hormonal contraception,but you need to be checked out first by your gyno to rule out anything else that may be going on.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up