Loss of appetite for 3 weeks and now constipation as well

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm an 18 year old female. About 3 weeks ago, my dad went into hospital to have a cancerous tumour removed and I lost my appetite around that time so I thought it was worry/anxiety to start with. it comes and goes, sometimes I'll be hungry enough to eat a meal (but usually only in evenings) but usually I have to just make something small and force myself to eat it. Then last week I started to get gas and constipation as well and I've been worrying about what it could be ever since. it is super strange for me to have no appetite as usually I eat TONNES. There's no actual stomach pain, only discomfort and it has been better for the last 2 days, which is why I cant figure out what's wrong. does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

all help appreciated because my anxiety is going crazy about what it could be and I'm googling all the time ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jessika I have the same issues as you. I also have persistent loss of appetite since 5 weeks. I also sometimes feel very hungry and can eat heavy meals but mostly i don't feel hungry and i have to eat forcefully so that i don't get malnutritioned. My abdominal pain is also intermittent. Occurs for a week or so and now it is fine from 2 weeks. My physician has asked me to take a liver tonic for one more month and if problem still occurs then have Liver function test and if it is also normal then have a Upper Endoscopy. Do you have seen any doctor till now.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi,

sorry to hear about your stomach problems. I havent been to see a doctor yet because just when I think I will, the symptoms improve a little, but I have never had actual pain like you do, it's always just been like a full feeling or a gassy one. has your doctor ruled out IBS because my friend had symptoms like yours and it turned out to be that.

Thanks for your comment ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

my household has had tummy bugs come and go for the past 6 weeks .. 4 children have all took in turns to have it and then finally me .. there was sickness too but me mainly was bad tummy , lots of gas and felt so drained and rough . didnt eat for a few days same as the kids m my little boy got the bug twice but still has soft stools so I will be getting a poop sample this week .

but the bug aside. you will definitely be worrying it's that C word

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hit send b4 I was finished sorry .. but yes you will worry and that will likely affect your bowels .. stress has always affected mine terribly. ibs Is a fiend! try to note down what you do eat and then see what bowel movements are like with each type of food , I find oil and mash potato and cream gives me a poorly tummy oh and wine ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up