i have been suffering with hidradenitis(suppurativa) for...

Posted , 1 user is following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion
M

i have been suffering with hidradenitis(suppurativa) for the last 6 years and as im getting older the worse the condition is getting. ive tried several antibiotics and creams which work for a short while but no long term relief. i only suffer with this condition in my groin and as you can imagine this really does affect my whole life and my personal life too, im very lucky to have a supportive husband but you cant help but feel ugly and disgusting. the only thing ive never been asked is about contaception (as i do not need to take the pill) but reading several articles they all say that the combined pill can help, so back to the doctors i go. wish me luck.

[i:bb784e9bf0]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:bb784e9bf0]

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

M

Posted

Please do go to your doctors and try the Dianette pill ( as called in the UK...may be different name in other countries)

I have had HS for 13 years now and the only thing which has made a difference to it is using anti-androgen therapy, which has brought it from Stage III to Stage I and manageable ( though no less hard to live with) I take the anti-androgen - cypreterone acetate in the Dianette Pill and also 14 days in every cycle. I have to have my liver checked every few months as the cypreterone can cause damage, but so far so good.

It's not effective for everyone, but skin wise, I am olive skinned and very dark haired. Never had acne as a teenager, just a few spots.

I run the Yahoo HS UK group if anyone of you reading this needs support. If you would like to join, please follow the following link

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/hs-uk

I hope this isn't breaking any rules oin this site, but I feel it's so important for everyone one with this disease to have a support around them, people who suffer the same and have "been there" There is also a great support group with divisiona ll over the US, where HS is recognised as a disability. It is here in the Uk too...but only in some counties.

Still you can find all about that if you come and join.

Meantime, this is also a great board.

Thanks to whoever put it up for raising the awareness.

Thanks Norlei ( Sussex, UK)

[i:97dc1f6b99]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:97dc1f6b99]

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.