Skip to content
in this discussion +2 following Follow this discussion

All PF sufferers....

I have tried everything out there...podiatrists, orthopedic doctor, cortisone, orthotics, gel heel pads, new shoes/ sneakers, physical therapy, rolling on ice bottles, heating pads, stretches, non- prescription gels & prescription suave, boots, splint. My calves, despite exercise, got so painful and tight, neededing manual massage ant moist heating pad.

It's now been over a year....started in one foot, then the other! All the above are temporary relief. I now have issue with right knee swelling, with 'Baker's cyst' behind my joint..needing a relief with a cortisone injection.

Strongly suggest......continual stretching feet (with towel),  as seen on internet, massage calves, roll on ice bottle, gel heel pads, laced arch support sneakers/ shoes. All are helpful, while sitting or laying in bed. ALEVE helps ( won't do prescription pain killers).

Fellow sufferers, I wish you comfort. Hoping ther's more to cure it...someday! Refuse surgery. And, despite initial standing pain, stay active...don't let it get you down....At 67, I continue to exercise and do what I can to keep active....don't let those calves tighten up sitting on a couch!

Report this

1 Replies

• david12541 rosiegirl

The plantar is said to tighten up during the night hence the often recommended wearing of a night splint which are however not really comfortable and can interfere with a good night's sleep.

I have recentl tried memory foam trainers. These have a quite thick firm foam insole which moulds to the shape of the foot and provides very good support. I had a brief PF flare up after being on my feet all day with hard soled work shoes and then having two further days of work appointments wearing them, but have worn the memory foam shoes since and thankfully the PF has gone away.

0 Report this reply to david12541

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.