Skip to content

Dosulepin

All discussions in this group

Next
  • dileepar 1

Taking magnesium while taking antidepressants.

Hi, I'm taking dosulepin (125 mg) for chronic tension headache. Dosulepin controls the severity of the headache but still doesn't cure it 100%. Recently I saw magnesium is good for tension headaches, mild depression and So I'm planning to take it as a suppliment. Will these two(magnesium & dosulepin)...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • maria134 2

Dosulepin

Iv been on dosulepin for a long time and I'm now suffering from depression and severe anxiety along with thoughts that frighten me . I went to my gp who just said double the dose of dosulepin. I'm on 75 mg so that would mean 150 mg which I don't really want to take . Has anyone got any suggestions

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Rosie281 1

Anxiety

Hi I've been taking dosulepin 75mg for the past month, is it right to be taking it only at night? It does help with my sleeping but I'm still quite anxious!!! What would be the next higher dose!? And also I missed my tablet yesterday and feeling it today should I take it this early as it tends to

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • clare2729 3

Venlaflaxine

I was on sertraline for a number of weeks but didn't get on with it. I changed to venlaflaxine 4 days ago but since then I've found my mood has dipped quite a lot again. Is this normal?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Anne 64 1

Withdrawal from Dosulepin

I've been taking this antidepressant for many years, currently I'm taking 75mg daily and now I dont really think it's helping so want to come off it. I know tapering is the best way forward to minimise withdrawal symptoms but I'm wondering how slowly others tapered and what were your experiences.

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Going to take 75mg Dosulepin for anxiety - Experiences?

Hello I am currently coming off Mirtazapine as the Doctor has prescribed me Dosulepin. I seemed to be dizzy and the anxiety on mirtazapine seemed worse after 4 months on them ! I am no longer depressed tho. I have tried Citalopram previously and had such a nasty reaction to the first tablet (panic,...

39 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • mariano 3
  • Guest M

panic and anxiety

hello have had panic and anxiety along with depression for many years have had the usually pills associated with this condition am now trying dosulepin i have my worries that it wont help with my panic and anxiety so am asking if anyone out there has a similar disorder and does this dosluepin help

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • steve52987 2

Alternative

Been on 150mgs of Doslupin for years and Propanadol for a couple of years. Still have massive anxiety attacks and depression kept me in bed most of last week. There's got to be something else???

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Tatty kat 1

Very ill since coming off Prozac 2 years ago what to do.

I took Prozac 10-20 mg for almost 12 years, I was put on this to help the withdrawal from venlaflaxine that I took for 4 years previous to that. I was put on venlaflaxine for horrible anxiety I had after having my daughter. I was very young and worried about everything plus I was constantly ill

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

dothiepin {lsd}

first dose fiday,still no sleep seen gp advised to go to one in mornin one i did an was on a very bad lsd trip from it which lasted until the tuesday,everyone is different but this was way beyond what i expected,wouldnt of minded if it was a nice trip.(worst days of my life}well

• phoebewhite 5

Long term effects from Dothiepin

Has anyone been on Dothiepin in the past and experienced memory loss for some of the time you were on it? I was on Dothiepin for 15 years back in the 90's, things happened back then (mostly good things) that I have absolutely no recollection of, it's as if that time has been wiped from my memory

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • zac14 2

dosulepin??

hi, is anyone taking dosulepin? My gp put me on this to help with sleep and depression. I have been on ot for nearly 4 weeks but just 10 days at 75mg. I am not noticing much difference yet, but the main issue i have is thet the sedative effect has wore off already, does anyone have problems

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

Is my G.P. correct?

My GP started me on Dothiepin a week ago. He told me \"if its going to work, it will work straight away. You don't need to wait 2 weeks to find out\" This statement doesn't tie up with the opinions expressed on this site. I was advised to take 25mg every night and haven't

• Pooh bear 2

dothiepin withdrawal from 150 mg to nothing

I am currently taking 150mg of dothiepin at night. I have been taking dothiepin on and off for about twenty years. Last night I took 75mg. I didn't sleep very well. Today I have felt weepy and light headed giddy almost and sick. I was wondering if anybody has had these withdrawal symptoms? I am

24 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • elizabeth46412 2

Change of tablets.

What a performance,  I got the different tablet to replace the , no longer available Dothiapin,  Take one in the morning, and one at So, first day took the one at night, did not feel too good, so took the one in the morning, felt worse, about mid morning started to feel giddy and falling about.   ...

• trish93774 1

dothiepin

I have Ms and my doctor recently prescribed for me this drug for Bladder weaknes, has anyone ever had this before?

• Guest M
  • RosieDin 1

Dosulepin/other uses

I have been on dothiepin/dosulepin for several years, not for anxiety but for headaches. Doc thinks headaches m ay be caused by jumpy nerves in my head and neck, so drug is intended to be \"anti-depressant\" in calming physical nerves, not \"mental\" nerves, as in depression.

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

They WORK!

After reading all the negative posts on here I thought I would write something positive about taking Dothiepin. I had previously been on dothiepin about 4 years ago as I went to the GP suffering panic attacks and anxiety, they worked well for me back then I I was off them in about a year and a

• space cadet 1

Side effects of dosulipin

I was prescribed this medication for neuropathic pain from chemotherapy and chest drains. I started at 25mg for 3 days then increased to 50mg but, felt so spaced out all day I wasn't in control. I'm looking after myself so need to be able to get out and about. It hasn't touched the pain at all. Has

• Guest M

still waiting for releif.

:? hi everyone, Stil on the dosolupine, after having a good week, Im back to being in very bad pain again, my dr wanted me to reduce the dose and come off it,but I'm geting so depressed,with one step forward, two steps back, this has been going on for 5 months now,any one out there had any good

• Guest M

headache

has anyone else developed headache nausea and fainting after upping dose so bad i have had to stop meds

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • murphs-gran 1

surmontil (trimipramine)

Hi all I was diagnosed with severe depression 4 months ago, I was started off on sertraline 50mg, and I know these tablets take awhile to 'kick in', I didnt feel I was getting anywhere, so my DR raised the dose to 100mg, yet after 3 weeks, I still felt no change, so, another trip to the docs, and

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Dosulepin

I have only been on this medication for 3 weeks and I feel very miserable, tearful and depressed with life. It would be nice to hear from someone who perhaps has been on it longer and can give me some hope?

• Lizy 1

Coming off Dothiepin

Hi I started this medication a week ago after trying numerous ADs. They seem to be working quite well with very little side effects. What I am interested in is it a difficult AD to come off when you are ready? The other ones I have tried were no problem as they didn't work or stayed in your

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Lizy 1

Tremor

Hi Has anyone on this medication noticed a hand tremor as I am finding this is quite a problem? Lizzy

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

drinking alcohol...

what are the side effects with these tablets,when drinking beer,or larger, as i occasionally like 4-5 pints,am i putting myself at risk!

• Guest M

75mg-spaced out

Hey. Ive been on 75mg of dothiepin for 1 & a half weeks due to anxiety & mild depression. The intense anxiety (the sickness,feelings of going mad,inability to sleep,shaking) has gone with these tablets, but I'm feeling very spaced out and like I'm dreaming everything. Dont know whether it's

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Seizure

Several years ago I experienced a grand mal seizure whilst taking quite a high dose of dothiepin hydrochloride. It was thought to be caused by a build up of the drug in my brain but this was never actually proved.

• Pooh bear 2

Dothiepin increase???

I'm not feeling so well again. I recognise the feelings of depression again irritability, tiredness, early waking low mood and morbid thoughts. My psychiatrist has suggested an increase in my dothiepin. The problem is I aleady take 150mg. I have tolerated an increase to 175mg but this makes me

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

ive been taking dosulepin for two weeks now, the first f...

ive been taking dosulepin for two weeks now, the first few days i had really bad headaches and felt really spaced out, now on my second week and the side affects seem to be gradually going. Not feeling so depressed now, seem to be working so far for me.:magic: This message was automatically

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Dosulepin....Problems if you miss your dose?

Hi there, Ive been on Dosulepin for about 7 months now for my anxiety disorder. It generally works well , and the side effects are managable. However on occassion Ive forgotten to take a dose at night. Ive found that when this happens it can have a negative effect on my anxiety. I realise that this

• Guest M

Douslepin

I find that the drug named above does not only improve sleeping but can also bring about a feeling of anxiety and also brings on the symtoms of depression. Saying this I find that taking douselipin is very similar to the affects of diazepam or temazepam. Being treated as an anti-depressant I find

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

long-term, mega doses etc.

After a hellish treatment-resistant year+ of severe depression, trying paroxetine followed by venlafaxine, dothiepin (as it was then), mirtazapine and reboxetine (the worst - horrible anxiety) my psychiatrist tried lithium augmentation. I refused to stay on reboxetine and asked to go back on

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions