Strengthening the movement in your lower back, glute and core muscles is the gateway into improving your ability to perform various other exercises.
Glute max to support lower back
- Get on all fours, with your hands directly under your shoulders and knees under hips.
- Complete four cat/camel stretches - before finding neutral spine. Neutral spine is the point in the middle of cat and camel where your back is flat and you can balance an imaginary tray of drinks on your lower back.
- Pull your core and stomach muscles in before shifting your body weight on to your left side and lifting your right leg up to 90° at the knee and hip, if able.
- With your right foot flexed, pump the leg up towards the ceiling, leading with your right heel. Lift a few inches up and down with the leg to complete the donkey kick exercise.
- Complete 20 repetitions on each leg, twice daily.
- Lie on your side with your knees bent, and your ankles and knees touching.
- Try to create a small gap under your waist by drawing your stomach muscles in and activating the core muscles.
- While keeping your feet together, open your knees apart in a slow controlled movement before closing them together again. Complete 20 repetitions on each side, twice daily.
- Be careful to avoid your hips rolling and falling out of correct form. Keep the hips facing forward by pretending you have a full glass resting on your upper hip.
- To increase the difficulty of this exercise, raise your feet up on to an imaginary stool, keeping the knees on the floor, and repeat the clam exercise.
Have had an X-Ray to see if anything showed with my back but was all okay, So now why am i still in pain every day at work where the SI joint is then in my knee and groin it never stops no matter...margaret26238
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.