Public Health England (PHE) produce an antibiotics leaflet for GPs to print out and hand to the patient which explains why they have not been prescribed an antibiotic or which defers the prescription for a number of days.
Click here to print out the PHE antibiotic leaflet template.
Clinicians wishing to critically assess their use of antibiotics in practice can access useful audit tools and resources from: http://www.rcgp.org.uk/TArGeTantibiotics/.
This leaflet was produced by Public Health England and copyright for the leaflet is with PHE.
Did you find this information useful?
- Antibiotic Awareness Resources; Public Health England
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR): information and resources; GOV.UK
- Antimicrobial stewardship: systems and processes for effective antimicrobial medicine use; NICE Guidelines (August 2015)
- Antibiotic resistance - Global report on surveillance; World Health Organization (2014)
- WHO Model List of Essential Medicines; World Health Organization (Mar 2017)
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.