Tel (Helpline): 01630 673973 Tel: 01630 673993
The CJD Support Network was established in 1995 by relatives of people who have died with CJD. The Network's aims are as follows:
- To offer support to individuals and families concerned with all forms of CJD.
- To offer support to people who are told that they are at a heightened risk of CJD through blood and secondary transmission.
- To provide emotional support for carers and to link families with similar experiences of all forms of CJD.
- To offer financial support for families in need.
- To provide accurate, unbiased and up-to-date information and advice about all forms of CJD.
- To provide a national helpline on all forms of CJD.
- To promote good quality care for people with all forms of CJD.
- To promote research into all forms of CJD and the dissemination of research findings.
- Creutzfeld-Jakob disease (booklet)
- Familial prion disease - an introduction and explanation (booklet)
- Sporadic CJD (information sheet)
- New variant CJD (information sheet)
- Iatrogenic CJD (information sheet)
- Nurses Guidelines for CJD
- Social Work Guidelines for CJD
- Autopsy Inpatients with Suspected CJD
- vCJD & Blood transfusion (info. sheet)
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.