The ideal first meal after giving birth
When it comes to cooking meals after having a new baby, flexibility is key. This sticky soy salmon can be either baked or fried, eaten with one hand, and can be enjoyed either hot or cold – great if you get distracted.
This dish is big on flavours, packed with protein and easy on the tummy. Make a double batch of glaze in advance and keep in a jar in the fridge for few days; it’s just as good with chicken or can be used as a stir-fry sauce.
Serve with rice, cooked according to packet instructions, and an avocado salad.
- 2 salmon steaks
For the glaze:
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2tbsp honey
- Juice from ½ orange
- 1tbsp rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ½ cm slice ginger
- Place all the ingredients for the glaze into a small pan and gently simmer until reduced by a third and having the consistency of runny honey. Discard the garlic and ginger slice.
- Line a roasting tin with greaseproof paper and lightly oil. Place the salmon skin-side down and spoon the glaze over.
- Roast at 200°C fan/gas mark 6 for 12-15 minutes. Alternatively fry in a little oil over a medium heat for two to three minutes each side. Pour the glaze over halfway through cooking the second side.
- Once cooked, use a fish slice to lift the salmon off the skin, leaving it stuck to the paper, and serve with rice and an avocado salad (optional).
I hope you are doing good. congratulations a lot. I know you are a brave lady. pregnancy journey is the most interesting journey of the life. we can feel every single moment in this situation. I know...m ella89592
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.