Department of Medical Biochemistry & Immunology
University Hospital of Wales
Tel: (Porphyria laboratory) 029 2074 3565, (DNA laboratory) 029 2074 2811
The Cardiff Porphyria Service specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of the porphyrias in the UK. The Service provides a comprehensive porphyria service for both clinicians and their patients by offering:
- Multidisciplinary clinical advice.
- Routine laboratory diagnosis.
- Genetic mutation analysis.
- Safe drug information (in conjunction with the Welsh Medicines Information Service, WMIC).
- Genetic counselling (in conjunction with Medical genetics) .
The service also initiates and participates in research into the porphyrias and has strong collaborative links with our European collegues.
Last updated on 07/07/2015
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.