A protein-boosting meal during pregnancy
Pregnant woman have additional nutritional requirements, including needing to almost double their daily protein intake. This creamy curry contains extra protein from the added lentils, which are also cheap, delicious and easy to cook.
You can adjust the level of spices to your taste, from gentle to scorching. Alternatively, make it vegetarian by using chickpeas or paneer in place of the chicken.
Serve with rice, cooked according to packet instructions, a quartered lime for a citrus edge and some cooling chopped coriander. Leftovers will freeze well, as does the other half of the can of coconut milk.
- 1 dsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped.
- 1 cm ginger, finely grated
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Seeds from 3 cardamom pods
- 1 pinch crushed chillies to taste
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ can coconut milk
- 75g red lentils
- Lime, cut into quarters
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Slowly fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the ginger - ginger roots can be frozen, then grated straight into the pan.
- Cut the chicken breast into pieces about 1cm wide and fry, turning to make sure each side is evenly coloured.
- Grind all the spices together in a grinder or using a pestle and mortar. Add the spices to the chicken and cook for a few minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the coconut milk and lentils and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes until lentils are soft. If needed, add a little water or stock to stop the pan boiling dry.
- Serve with rice cooked as per packet instructions, a quartered lime and garnish with fresh coriander.
Surrogacy is a method through which couples opt for when all the other hopes are lost. It is method through which another woman carries and gives birth to a baby for the couple who want to have a...women62218
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.