Just six ingredients away from the perfect supper time snack. These delicious cookies are easy to make and full of nutrients that can help towards getting you a good nights sleep.
Chickpeas - the key ingredient
Chickpeas are packed full of protein and fibre which can help you to feel fuller for longer- a sensation that can improve your sleep. They also contain high amounts of vitamin B6 – a vitamin known to help your body to produce the “feel-good” hormone, serotonin, and the “sleep-inducing” hormone, melatonin.
Makes 8 biscuits
- 240g cooked chickpeas (drained weight)
- 3 tbsp oats
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place the chickpeas, honey, vanilla essence and ground ginger in a blender or food processor and blend until an almost smooth paste is formed
- Place the mixture into a bowl and stir in the oats and flaked almonds
- Once the ingredients are combined, roll the mixture into small balls and place evenly spaced on the baking tray
- Use a fork to flatten the balls of dough into a cookie shape
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Once baked, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool
Enjoy with a glass of milk or your favourite caffeine-free bedtime brew!
Iv been waking up every night in the middle of the night from 4-6 In the morning. Then feel realy tired In the afternoon then have a 4-5 hour sleep how can I get it back to normaltom70687
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.