Going to bed on either on an empty or overfilled stomach negative effect on your sleep. The key is to find a nice balance between the two. Our warming before bed oatmeal is the perfect supper time snack- satisfying, nutritious and packed full of ingredients (oats, bananas and almonds) known for their sleep-inducing effects.
The ‘sleep-inducing’ ingredients
Packed full of complex carbohydrates and slow-releasing energy, keeping your hunger signals at bay. Oats also contain an amino-acid called tryptophan which works to stimulate the sleep-promoting hormone melatonin
Rich in both magnesium and potassium which help your muscles to relax. They also contain high amounts of vitamin B6 – a vitamin known to help your body to produce the “feel-good” hormone, serotonin, and the “sleep-inducing” hormone, melatonin!
Contain both tryptophan and magnesium - a combination perfect for helping you to relax and drift off to sleep.
- 85g oats
- 80g low fat Greek yoghurt
- 300ml milk
- 40g frozen blueberries
- 30g flaked almonds
- 1 banana, mashed well
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven)
- In a bowl mash the banana until almost smooth
- Add the oats, yoghurt, blueberries, flaked almonds, baking powder and cinnamon into the bowl and stir to mix the ingredients
- Pour over the milk and stir mixture well until combined
- Add the combined mixture to a dish suitable for baking
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes
- Serve either on its own or with a dollop of yoghurt
I am at the point where I am taking up to 14 tabs in two days. This has happened twice now. My doctor is aware of my addiction. She has me on a slow taper but I can't even control myself....i will...jenny82224
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.