Tel: 0121 455 8982 (office & support line)
Little Hearts Matter is a national charity offering support and information for families where a single ventricle heart condition has been diagnosed such as hypoplastic left heart syndrome, tricuspid atresia, double inlet ventricle or complex pulmonary atresia. The charity provides an expert voice within medical, educational and social care areas for change.
Little Hearts Matter offers services to everyone affected by these heart disorders, through:
- Support and advice via 7 days a week helpline.
- Information on diagnoses and treatment in an easy-to-understand format.
- Putting families in touch with others with similar experiences through regional network support groups.
- Updates and ongoing contact via regular members newsletters.
- Education events for families to meet and learn from medical experts.
- Specific bereavement support, both through telephone support line and remembrance days for bereaved families.
- Raising the profile of these conditions to ensure the children's special needs are more widely understood.
- Building relations within the medical world to increase awareness of single ventricle disorders.
- Events for children to experience new activities in a supportive environment and to make new friends.
- Funding and promoting research into these complex conditions and their treatments, with the aim of improving quality of life and increasing life expectancy for affected children.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.