9 Haymarket Terrace
Tel: (Advice Line) 0845 077 6000, (General) 0131 225 6963
Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland improves the quality of life for people in Scotland affected by chest, heart and stroke illness, through medical research, influencing public policy, advice and information, and support in the community. CHSS provides:
- The Advice Line which provides confidential, independent information, advice and support from trained nurses and support to people with chest, heart and stroke illness, their families, carers and health professionals throughout Scotland.
- Affiliated chest, heart and stroke support groups across Scotland.
- Personal Support Grants to individuals and families in financial difficulty as a result of chest, heart or stroke illness.
- Volunteer Stroke Service providing support to people who have had a stroke, particularly those with communication problems.
- Research grants.
- Awareness campaigns eg 'FAST' raising awareness of the signs and symptoms of stroke.
Last updated on 30/10/2013