9 Canon Harnett Court
Tel: 01908 317618 or 0845 130 7172
Different Strokes, which is run by younger stroke survivors for younger stroke survivors, helps stroke survivors of working age to optimize their recovery, take control of their own lives and regain as much independence as possible by offering 'rehabilitative services', information and advice. They do this by:
- Organizing a national network of weekly exercise classes.
- Providing practical, easy to use information including benefits and rights information, for the recovering stroke survivor.
- Offering a 'Stroke Line' telephone service so that younger stroke survivors can speak to other younger stroke survivors.
- Keeping stroke survivors informed, through newsletters, an interactive website and other means, of developments relevant to them.
- Access to counselling services.
- Information and advice on work after stroke.
Last updated on 05/08/2013