Tel: 0845 222 4141 Web: www.gdc-uk.org
The General Dental Council (GDC) is the organisation which regulates dental professionals in the United Kingdom. All dentists, dental nurses, dental technicians, dental hygienists, dental therapists, clinical dental technicians and orthodontic therapists must be registered with the GDC to work in the UK.
The GDC aims are:
- To protect patients.
- To promote confidence in dentists and dental care professionals.
- To be at the forefront of healthcare regulation.
- Register qualified professionals.
- Set standards of dental practice and conduct.
- Assure the quality of dental education.
- Ensure professionals keep up-to-date.
- Help patients with complaints about a dentist or a dental care professional.
- Work to strengthen patient protection.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.